Page 260 of 344 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3435
    Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Thanks for the opinion Dave. That's in line with what friend of mine advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    As ever, go and play with then in stores or borrow your friends' devices, and make your own decision based on your needs
    To be honest, I'll probably do what others have done, pick a phone on the way it looks and then move my goalposts to suit it best and then argue passionately about how it's best for my needs and the things others have chosen are scheiße.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    I'm sort of considering getting new hardware and I'm not sure where to go. I'm tempted to get a stupidly expensive big screen phone to replace my trusty old Nokia. Or I keep the thing for when outside the house and get a 7" tablet for indoor use.

A question to those who have used these things, what kind of usage do you get with these devices? Especially comparing big phone vs small tablet?
    The smartphone will fit in your jeans pocket while the tablet won't. I haven't found one good use of a tablet in my experience. I use the laptop or a PC for anything that my smartphone can't do. More than that, I guess this flowchart below should help:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    My boss says that it is cos he's got one.
    Oh no, what have you done! Tell your boss to look out for a guy called henners with a crowbar.

Hell hath no fury like a henners scorned.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Hi Guys,

I just happened onto this website where I have ordered a sleeveless jacket for around $30 including shipping.Then I started researching this website and found this stock of mobile phones, some of which I have never heard of. SmartPhone Cell Phone, Mobile Cell Phones, Smart Phone including this one: Huawei U8836D/G500 Pro Android OS 4.0 4.3'' Dual Core MTK6577 1GB RAM GPS WIFI 3G Phone - DinoDirect.com

and I wonder what you guys think.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Hi Guys,

I just happened onto this website where I have ordered a sleeveless jacket for around $30 including shipping.Then I started researching this website and found this stock of mobile phones, some of which I have never heard of. SmartPhone Cell Phone, Mobile Cell Phones, Smart Phone including this one: Huawei U8836D/G500 Pro Android OS 4.0 4.3'' Dual Core MTK6577 1GB RAM GPS WIFI 3G Phone - DinoDirect.com

and I wonder what you guys think.
    AT first glance it looks like the Chinese no-names you get on eBay for a similar price, but wrapped up in a shiny template website. I've never heard of the retailer so immediately I'd be on guard.

Then five seconds on Google brings up tons of complaints (they've taken my money, never got the goods kind of thing), for example this site:
    17 Complaints and Reviews about DinoDirect

Personally I'd avoid them like the proverbial. If you feel you really must use them, do you have an equivalent of the Consumer Credit Act? In the UK, in the case of payments over £100 on a credit (not debit) card, the card issuer is jointly liable in the event of an unfulfilled order.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    To be honest, I'll probably do what others have done, pick a phone on the way it looks and then move my goalposts to suit it best and then argue passionately about how it's best for my needs and the things others have chosen are scheiße.
    Nicely done
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    AT first glance it looks like the Chinese no-names you get on eBay for a similar price, but wrapped up in a shiny template website. I've never heard of the retailer so immediately I'd be on guard.

Then five seconds on Google brings up tons of complaints (they've taken my money, never got the goods kind of thing), for example this site:
    17 Complaints and Reviews about DinoDirect

Personally I'd avoid them like the proverbial. If you feel you really must use them, do you have an equivalent of the Consumer Credit Act? In the UK, in the case of payments over £100 on a credit (not debit) card, the card issuer is jointly liable in the event of an unfulfilled order.
    Damn!! I wish I checked first. I only bought a sleeveless jacket for $30 and paid for it with Paypal. Is there some safety arrangement with Paypal if I don't receive what I bought? I just hopeI am not $30 poorer but $30 wiser
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    Kinda hard as I don't have the words with me ( if you know what I mean ).
    The basic idea is that romanian capitalism is a bit different.
    Just as our style of work is different. I mean we don't work traditionally, we aren’t lazy, on the contrary we are rather active but we are "resourceful" ( taking the pejorative meaning of this word ), we "do arrangements", we "run to".
    As well, our businesses are based on " a da un tun " – „to give a gun” meaning to get a rapid gain mainly on illicit bases. Our business world is dominated by „smart” guys, „sly”guys and those who knows to „spin around”.
    On these circumstances our merchants aren’t interested in selling a lot of stuff with a reasonable profit but to sell a few items with a big profit. Even the „sales” season is a farse, they increase the price a week before sales starts and then pretend they reduced the price.
    Take a walk on Calea Victoriei and you’ll see a lot of shops with no clients. What’s the reason to pay a prohibitive rent when your activity is low?
    We rarely agree but on this one you're 100% right.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    I don't think anybody here said the iPhone 5 is a piece of crap TBH.
    The iPhone 5 is an overpriced piece of crap! There you have it.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Best post in this thread! Sums it up pretty well too!