Page 341 of 344 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 3435
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I turn off gps on apps I don't use regularly, and also background app refresh on most apps except things like social media and email. I have my screen down to just under halfway and also turn reduce motion on in settings. My battery will last an entire day no problem.
    Thank you, sir. I went on a journey to find those (and found some other neat stuff along the way , but done and done.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

2. Likes: henners88 (28th December 2014)
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post

Firstly Steve it should be called an iPod Touch jumbo because that's what it is and secondly Tablet PC's are crap unless you're using it as a replacement for a clipboard and how often do most people need clipboards?
    This was posted 5 years ago. How things have changed since then eh!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This was posted 5 years ago. How things have changed since then eh!
    These stupid Ipod touch jumbos will never gain market share or be widely accepted!

Well, except for reality anyway.

I have an iPad issued from work, and it's great for what we do. It makes tons of information available to me without carrying paper, the camera and scanner interface with our apps for payments and such, and the integration and handshake with the iPhone are seamless and easy. In my field most people that have any type of device other than a pad consider them too bulky and hate them. They often resort to using old school paper methods and transferring the information at a desk. We use voice commands to make our notes and just edit where the voice screws up later.

As for keyboards, quite a few get them and keep them in their work bag for when the pad is used while stationary.

Other than my daughter, who for years had an iPod touch and then later an iPhone, me and my wife have had Android devices. I see upsides and downsides to either myself, but I think the reason the Apple devices are preferred by many businesses is that they have limited options for hardware, ensuring software is compatible across the board. This also makes for easy training if needed, with more uniformity between devices.

Android is very capable and easier to customize, but lacks uniformity unless you found a platform that rarely changes. For people writing apps, that could be a nightmare. The same applies to training or troubleshooting. With so many options, there is more an end user can change.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Cracked the screen of my Lumia 520. Just checked changing the screen/touchpad is going to cost me more than half the cost of a budget android (like a Moto E/Redmi). So bye bye Windows Phone. I think I'll use the old symbian Nokia/Sony Ericsson lying around at home for a while before figuring out what to buy next.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think HTC desire is very good...no issue till now...

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    I think I'll be buying a new phone, I'm thinking of getting Sony M4 Aqua when it's released in few weeks time.

The current phone is nearly impossible to use as a navigator, I'm thinking it's got more problems than just the Android 4.3 lack of Glonass support. I have probably dropped it once too often...
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    A question for all who have smartphones, of any type: what is your average battery life (in hours) with moderate use?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I'd say 48 hours for my HTC one m8... But moderate use may mean different things to different people

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I'm on about 35% by the evening of late and that's with the occasional web surf in the day, tapatalk here and there, sending about 30 texts, 45 min of calls etc. As long as I can get to the evening on a charge I don't care really and I still have plenty of battery left.