Page 339 of 344 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3435
    Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Last edited by odykas; 30th October 2014 at 22:59.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Yes, this is how it started. But Daniel has a Subaru (or did), so he's still a good guy in my eyes. I wouldn't take tech or investing advice from him. But he's a good egg at heart.
    I think at the time pretty much everyone had no idea what the iPad was really for, as apart from a few clunky examples, tablets weren't really around. So Apple invented a new market and were hugely successful, so much so that they've achieved the rarest of things in that the name iPad is now often used to refer to all types of touchscreen tablet computers. "I got a Surface Pro", "What's that?" "Well it's like an iPad".

I don't know how others use them but in our house the iPad is like the sofa computer, you don't want to be doing serious work on it, but you can be using it to browse the web / play games etc. Which has resulted in me not really watching entire TV series!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    I managed to hold out quite a bit before buying my first ipad to surf, app and watch UK TV programs on.
    I had to get another one a couple of months later as my missus kept nicking it to watch Spanish TV.
    And I've since given my parents yet another to replace phone calls with FaceTime.

... But I still hate apple/iTunes with a passion :-p
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    I managed to hold out quite a bit before buying my first ipad to surf, app and watch UK TV programs on.
    I had to get another one a couple of months later as my missus kept nicking it to watch Spanish TV.
    And I've since given my parents yet another to replace phone calls with FaceTime.

... But I still hate apple/iTunes with a passion :-p
    If you hate iTunes, that just makes you normal. Only some sort of masochist could like that clunky piece of bloatware.

Personally, I don't care if Cook shows up to work in a dress as long as he keeps the stock price up... AND FIXES iTUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've given up on him getting Apple TV to be worth my time. I've given it three years now and still nothing. So I'm ordering a Roku box on Black Friday.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

5. Likes: odykas (4th November 2014)
    Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    iTunes is full of DRM and this cannot be fixed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    I'm fed up with the Maps navigator's poor performance in my Sony, some problems are due to phone, some due to Android 4.3 not fixing onto Glonass satellites and one problem is lack of proper off-line maps
    I've tried Garmin's navigator and now I installed Nokia Here Beta software into my phone. Didn't get a good start, This morning it refused to create a route to an address when I tried it on my way to work

I tried it again at home and it worked, then walked to my car 50 meters away and again it didn't want to create routes.

After a short drive I closed the program and opened it again, and now it worked.
    There seems to be some beta-features still on non-Samsung phones.

When it had a route to follow, it work's quite well. I'll keep this one and see how it works out in the future.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    My HTC One X died 9 days before the warranty expired. I'm waiting now for the verdict.

TBH I got kind of tired of it lately. They battery was really bad. I had to recharge it twice or 3 times a day and calculating distance in time and space from an outlet became part of my daily routine. Other than that I wasn't a big fan of HTC's Sense UI but it was bearable and disregarding the battery I really liked this phone. I wouldn't have minded keeping it at least another year.

I really don't want to buy a new phone but I might have to now. If I were loaded then the choice would be simple: Nexus 6. But I'm not so now I'm vacillating between Galaxy S4, LG G3 or Note 3... I'd really love a phone with a big replaceable battery.

But maybe I'm lucky enough and that warranty is worth something more than the paper it was written on.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Maybe I've already asked (hey, I forget things these days), but has anyone here tried the BlackBerry Passport? And when you port Android apps onto a BlackBerry, do you run the risk of compromising the security of the phone? I guess it depends on the app, huh? If you get a dodgy app from Google Play (or some place else), then I guess you get got. But what about the BlackBerry Passport otherwise?

I'll stick with the iPhone 6 for awhile, but for some reason, I like what BlackBerry is doing now. The hate I had for it during the CrackBerry days is pretty much gone.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    My HTC One X died 9 days before the warranty expired. I'm waiting now for the verdict.

TBH I got kind of tired of it lately. They battery was really bad. I had to recharge it twice or 3 times a day and calculating distance in time and space from an outlet became part of my daily routine. Other than that I wasn't a big fan of HTC's Sense UI but it was bearable and disregarding the battery I really liked this phone. I wouldn't have minded keeping it at least another year.

I really don't want to buy a new phone but I might have to now. If I were loaded then the choice would be simple: Nexus 6. But I'm not so now I'm vacillating between Galaxy S4, LG G3 or Note 3... I'd really love a phone with a big replaceable battery.

But maybe I'm lucky enough and that warranty is worth something more than the paper it was written on.
    If you didn't like HTC sense then avoid Samsung, which is horrible in comparison. LG, HTC, Sony or Nexus is the way. Personally I'd go a Nexus 5 (or the big 6)
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I joined the iPhone 6 club too back on September 19th and my pre order was delivered on time unlike several of my friends. Carphone warehouse messed up my wife's order too and it didn't arrive, although after emailing their chief executive they sent one of the only gold 64GB's in the country next day, or so they said. Several of my mates ordered through Phones 4 U which we know now went into liquidation, but thankfully they paid on credit cards so they didn't lose their money, thousands did though.

Right iPhone 6. It's better than the iPhone 5 I had based on speed, but it's largely the same, which is no bad thing as I loved the previous phone. The size jump wasn't welcome at first as I hate large phones but slowly I have got used to it. It hasn't bent yet either despite being carried in mostly skinny jeans. A guy who works with me has the iPhone 6 Plus and he bent it so bad the internals popped out, but he did have it in his back pocket as he threw himself into a car, what a tw@. I've also dropped mine 3 times now and it hasn't smashed so that's a good thing. All in all it's a brilliant phone and I would recommend it to anybody including Pino who I swayed in the right direction a couple of months back. Hope you are enjoying it dude. Looks like Pino, Mark and myself all have exquisite taste.