Page 333 of 344 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3435
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Here's the truth of bendgate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0-3fIs2jQs
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    For me personally I make it a habit to always take my phone out of my back pocket when sitting down. One because it's uncomfortable and two because I never wanted to find out the results of the bendgate testing!

I prefer a phone small enough to fit in my front pocket for the times I might not have a work bag, etc to put it in.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    iPhone 6 4.7" looks good to me. Although I'm not a massive fan of the design and haven't been of anything since the iPhone 4S! But as that picture shows the 4S is way underpowered by modern standards.
    Went to the Verizon shop last week and looked at both. For me, the 6 Plus is impractical because of its size. But I *think* I can make the 6 work carrying it in my shirt pocket. My old friend, the Motorola V60 (vintage 2003) flip phone, has finally seen its last. The charging cord is stuck in the bottom of the phone and the charger itself is now held together by Scotch tape (I didn't have any electrical tape at the time). I look like a homeless person with the charger stuffed into my pocket and the cord running up to my face. So... Finally...

What struck me about the new 6 series is how much the design looks like my most favorite, most useful iDevice: the iPod Touch. So I plunked down my card and ordered the 6. The funny/odd thing is the phone should arrive on October 17. But the car that I ordered back in May won't arrive until October 19 (estimated, maybe, we think, possibly, "I'll believe it when I see it", etc.). From this I say, Apple's supply chain > Subaru's supply chain. I'm looking forward to getting the phone (wonky, dud iOS 8 system and all) - the car, not so much anymore.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Here's the truth of bendgate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0-3fIs2jQs
    The (conspiracy) theory being floated is that some of the stories about the bending iPhones were planted by competitors and/or Fandroid people and the "desperate for an Apple story" media picked up on them, especially since Consumer Reports found that you could stand a 70 pound child on the middle of the 6 Plus and it wouldn't bend. Where's the rolleyes smilie? There it is! I'm generally not into conspiracy theories, but the one story that some guy's girlfriend was walking through the mall with her 6 Plus in her purse and it bent, all by itself, without her sitting on it or smashing it into a wall a dozen times, was clearly a made-up lie... yet the media ran with that one too. They should just cut to the chase and do a story about how the Loch Ness monster sat on his iPhone 6 Plus and it bent all to hell. CNBC, CNN, Bloomberg and most of the other TV outlets in the U.S. are staffed by cute, blonde, former beauty queens who are dumber than a bag of hair - except for Emily Chang of Bloomberg West. She's Asian and a brunette, but deep down inside, "Emily "the Talking Squirrel" Chang is a blonde. I bet she has trouble getting to work every morning without getting lost.

But the issues with the OS are very real. I'm not happy about that at all. Hey, here's something that would make Daniel laugh all day if he read it: I'm now a fan of the BlackBerry Passport and the BlackBerry company (really the stock). I like what John Chen has done. And by shifting the focus to device management and away from (just) devices, I think that company has a bright(er) future. Not out of the woods yet, but I have my money where my mouth is on this belief.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Admin
    Well this morning this happened

So this afternoon iPhone 6 happened!

Admin

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Mobile phones & tablets thread

Wow that's great what storage ?
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Admin
    128gb . I wanted black but they didn't have one and I wasn't in a position to wait.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    That's the phone I will order as soon as I get back to Copenhagen
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

10. Likes: Mark (3rd October 2014)
    Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    After a quick glance I thought you had bought a white Samsung Whatnot, had to look more closely to see what it really was.

I've been having a bit of trouble with the navigation in my Sony, it seems Android 4.3 has some issues fixing to Glonass satellites. Some time I lose sat-connection every few minutes. Not fun when driving in unfamiliar area.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.