Page 295 of 344 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3435
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    Haven't seen one, but the concept is sound. I think most users really just settle in to average day to day use that doesn't involve much horsepower or the need for a million features. Being you can already get very capable phones for cheap, I see no reason why there isn't room for another one.
    I've been using the Firefox browser for a couple of years now. And if they can get this phone to market, I could see myself at least trying one, though not getting tied into a contract or anything - just something to play with. I really like Mozilla's approach. IMO, as a browser, it is what Android pretends to be as a mobile OS. If they do a good job of keeping viruses and spyware apps off the platform (unlike Android), maybe I would get one and keep it longer term. Really, I'd like to do something that supports Mozilla. I'm fairly well tied into the Apple ecosystem with other devices, so as a primary phone, I'll probably break down and get an iPhone next year - especially if they bump the screen size up to 4.5"+.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    You are right about page loads but I think that is the same of any phone advert. They don't want you to know you'll be looking at a status bar for a fraction of a second longer than you actually have to.
    "Sequence shortened" is almost as bad as "Not actual gameplay footage", and neither have any place in adverts.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    "Sequence shortened" is almost as bad as "Not actual gameplay footage", and neither have any place in adverts.
    I agree Dave
    I hate nothing more than watching a game trailer and then realise its an animated film rather than what you see on screen. I suppose its a loophole they use to make the products seem better plus they have limited seconds to fit in their promo material. Not so great for us however.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My wife just joined the iphone camp.

She was a BB user and finally caved in with all of her family connected with the iphone network.

We got it for $100 bucks (she did have to give them her BB though - but $100.00 for a brand new iPhone 5 aint bad.)
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    My wife just joined the iphone camp.

She was a BB user and finally caved in with all of her family connected with the iphone network.

We got it for $100 bucks (she did have to give them her BB though - but $100.00 for a brand new iPhone 5 aint bad.)
    I can't believe what I am reading?! She could have got a 19 core breakdragon powerhorse with a 10 inch screen running Asteroid for less than that. What was she thunking? Nah seriously, not a bad deal and just in time for the new OS in the autumn.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't believe what I am reading?! She could have got a 19 core breakdragon powerhorse with a 10 inch screen running Asteroid for less than that. What was she thunking?
    You wannabe geek, you won't get something THAT amazing. But for $100, something much better than an iPhone 5? Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    You wannabe geek, you won't get something THAT amazing. But for $100, something much better than an iPhone 5? Definitely.
    lol, yeah but if you want iOS there is no competition. I suppose Mrs Race could have waited to see what Apple launch later in the summer, whether that's the iPhone 5S or 6, but the iPhone 5 is still a very nice phone especially for only a $100 IMO.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Erm, I was joking...

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    I can't believe what I am reading?! She could have got a 19 core breakdragon powerhorse with a 10 inch screen running Asteroid for less than that. What was she thunking? Nah seriously, not a bad deal and just in time for the new OS in the autumn.
    The breakdragon is now obsolete. When mobilenerder.com tested with spreadsheets that took two days to calculate, it was bested by several seconds. The droidtroller 50 core and others beat it. I can tell the difference every time I open an app with my droidtroller. A nanosecond here, a nanosecond there, it all adds up!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    Erm, I was joking...
    I know.
    I started my post acknowledging that.... Always awkward when a joke has to be analysed and explained 'lol'.