Page 292 of 344 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3435
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    It's got some welcome changes and yes it brings many features Android has had for a long time, but so what? It's a nice OS that hasn't brought anything particularly innovative, but its an improvement on an already pleasant experience IMO. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long for it and I can go back to sleep on this subject for another few months.

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    It's got some welcome changes and yes it brings many features Android has had for a long time, but so what? It's a nice OS that hasn't brought anything particularly innovative, but its an improvement on an already pleasant experience IMO. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long for it and I can go back to sleep on this subject for another few months.
    IMO what Apple does best is consolidate due to lack of hardware options. Because of that they can make a stable platform that can be used and become friendly to virtually all of their market. On the flip side if you and me traded Android phones we would likely both immediately be lost. Different hardware, software revisions, numerous settings changes on each would make life much harder. Two iPhone users could switch phones without much issue most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    IMO what Apple does best is consolidate due to lack of hardware options. Because of that they can make a stable platform that can be used and become friendly to virtually all of their market. On the flip side if you and me traded Android phones we would likely both immediately be lost. Different hardware, software revisions, numerous settings changes on each would make life much harder. Two iPhone users could switch phones without much issue most of the time.
    I agree totally. I'm looking forward to seeing iOS 7 working properly and wish they could release it a little sooner. We've had months of users saying the OS is stale and in need of a redesign, yet this effort is already being criticised. I really don't get it and unfortunately there is a growing trend where people dislike for the sake of it. It doesn't appear to be ugly or stepping too far away from what iOS 6 is in terms of general appearance, and introducing multi tasking is something that has been asked for over the past 4 or so years.

Its different, not overly innovative but Apple tend to sit back and choose the best of what is already out there anyway. I've been using iOS for 9 months now and can't say I am disappointed. I loved Android though and still won't rule out going back to it, but iOS is a stable, pleasant to use OS that does all the day to day tasks well. I love podcasts and iTunes has improved vastly since I first started using it properly in 2005. I use Facetime to stay in touch with family and iMessage has been great amongst friends. I know there are alternatives but its what you enjoy using. I've been quite quiet on this thread for months because everything is going very well.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Well thats a typical iphone user comment which simply is is not correct, there are some differences but not as big as you claim.

I currently have a HTC desire, my dad has a Samsung GS2 and most menus are the same. Especially the settings menu are more or less identical.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano
    Well thats a typical iphone user comment which simply is is not correct, there are some differences but not as big as you claim.

I currently have a HTC desire, my dad has a Samsung GS2 and most menus are the same. Especially the settings menu are more or less identical.
    I wouldn't start labelling people as 'typical' because we don't know that for sure here. I can relate to what airshifter means there, but its not a massive difference. I've used Android for years and although the settings menu's are pretty much the same (its Android after all), the devices themselves are often different and a trio of buttons along the bottom often confuse things. My friends S4 is very different to my other mates entry level Sony Experia for instance. It just takes a bit of fiddling and that is not necessarily a bad thing as its what you are used to at the end of the day. I suppose with an iPhone the principles are roughly the same, although certain aspects can be hidden with pages and pages of apps if the iPhone user is less organised. Its not a competition amongst users, or at least it should be. Its not for me I know that

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano

Being I don't use an iPhone, it's not a typical iPhone user comment.

For that matter I've never owned an iPhone. My daughter has an iPod but an older generation, and my Dad and Stepmom have iPhones. Though I chose Android for a number of reasons, I don't think the OS is nearly as user friendly, nor are most of them as stable. The first time I picked up an Apple device it was logical in use... you didn't have to adjust to a new OS or hardware.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think a lot of times people make the mistake of comparing the iPhone with any number of Android smartphones.

If you are going to compare an iPhone (a flagship device), to its competitor, it should be another flagship of course. An iPhone 5 should only be compared with other phones in its price range, namely the Galaxy S3, S4, HTC One, Xperia Z etc. to properly compare tech specs and features, and NOT entry level Android phones which are obviously aimed at a different type of consumer.

Being I don't use an iPhone, it's not a typical iPhone user comment.

For that matter I've never owned an iPhone. My daughter has an iPod but an older generation, and my Dad and Stepmom have iPhones. Though I chose Android for a number of reasons, I don't think the OS is nearly as user friendly, nor are most of them as stable. The first time I picked up an Apple device it was logical in use... you didn't have to adjust to a new OS or hardware.
    Are you trying to say you're not typical after all?! That's a blow

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    I think a lot of times people make the mistake of comparing the iPhone with any number of Android smartphones.

If you are going to compare an iPhone (a flagship device), to its competitor, it should be another flagship of course. An iPhone 5 should only be compared with other phones in its price range, namely the Galaxy S3, S4, HTC One, Xperia Z etc. to properly compare tech specs and features, and NOT entry level Android phones which are obviously aimed at a different type of consumer.
    I totally agree with what you say here, but I'm past the point of comparing these days. I can't see the point unless I'm due to upgrade. Listing why I prefer my choice and the reasons I dislike others isn't going to improve my experience or make me feel bad. Most of these flagship phones do virtually the same thing, just in different ways so its down to choice. I'm excited by iOS 7 because its something a little different again without going too far if you know what I mean. I can appreciate it will still lack the features Android offers but if it went too far in the direction of that, we'd have complaints that they were blatantly copying. Its one of those situations where expectations are made with the hope it falls short in many cases. I think I'll just enjoy what I've got

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've gone past comparing as well. In fact I've lately lost interest in smartphones or tablets. These days whenever I see some new features, I'm like meh, that's it? I won't be upgrading my smartphone or tablet in the next 2 years at least, because I think what I have now is going to be good enough for a while.

My interest is now largely looming in another area as discussed in the other thread, and what I'm using my Android phone mostly these days is as an extended dashboard for sim racing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMGdVjFOnLg

Only for Android at the moment, but should be coming soon for iOS.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Found a picture at a Swedish newspaper: http://heltnormalt.aftonbladet.se/im...2013/06/11.jpg
    the text says "reality's zombies".
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...