Page 257 of 344 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 3435
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    Well, of course. I guess it would help if Romania could mass produce a lot of daily use products themselves. Would help offset the cost of importing and make it easier for their citizens.:
    Ha! Why do you think we were admitted in EU?
    As for the citizens, who do think of them ?

You're making the mistake of guessing buying and eating habits of a country of 1.2 billion by their soap operas all pretty much produced in one state.

Nobody buys like that, at least I remember my mother didn't. .
    Might be true but at the same time I think the target of the soap is the 1.2 billion not only a state. They should recognize themselves in the characters....

I guess you're not aware of the context I mentioned those 100 euros in above. In short, my Galaxy S3 fell on the concrete and the front glass cracked. My wife called the authorized Samsung repair center in Bucharest, they quoted me 200 euros. I checked through my friends in Cardiff, UK and Helsinki, Finland for the exact same repair (front screen and digitizer replacement) from the authorized Samsung repair center, and were quoted 80 euros. I called up the authorized Samsung repair center in Mumbai, India, and was quoted 100 euros. What I don't understand is why are they asking me double price in Romania.
    My dost, supply and demand rules are different here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    Ha! Why do you think we were admitted in EU?
    Fair enough. I wasn't aware of that.

Might be true but at the same time I think the target of the soap is the 1.2 billion not only a state. They should recognize themselves in the characters....
    Not the 1.2 billion, but the Hindi speaking states, which are much lesser than that. Besides, by now you should know that TV and cinema exaggerate and sometimes understate a lot of things. Having been to the US, I can assure you that a very large percentage of American families don't look or behave like the ones in Hollywood movies.

Another thing to keep in mind is that people from different households in India buy groceries differently. So, a poor family will buy half of what a middle class family would, and the rich families buy in bulk.

My dost, supply and demand rules are different here
    Can you please elaborate?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I live in Cardiff so you could always post it to me to get repaired if this city has a registered repair outlet
    Thanks for the offer, Henners. But I'll be flying down to Mumbai for Christmas and will get the phone repaired then.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Can you please elaborate?
    Kinda hard as I don't have the words with me ( if you know what I mean ).
    The basic idea is that romanian capitalism is a bit different.
    Just as our style of work is different. I mean we don't work traditionally, we aren’t lazy, on the contrary we are rather active but we are "resourceful" ( taking the pejorative meaning of this word ), we "do arrangements", we "run to".
    As well, our businesses are based on " a da un tun " – „to give a gun” meaning to get a rapid gain mainly on illicit bases. Our business world is dominated by „smart” guys, „sly”guys and those who knows to „spin around”.
    On these circumstances our merchants aren’t interested in selling a lot of stuff with a reasonable profit but to sell a few items with a big profit. Even the „sales” season is a farse, they increase the price a week before sales starts and then pretend they reduced the price.
    Take a walk on Calea Victoriei and you’ll see a lot of shops with no clients. What’s the reason to pay a prohibitive rent when your activity is low?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, it's frustrating.

And just to make it clear, I'm not a cheap-ass or enjoying keeping my phone with the front screen cracked. I will just not pay double the amount out of principle, because I will not make the swindlers richer. Besides I'm not getting anything extra out of it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In other news:

Samsung Galaxy S4 release date, news and rumours | News | TechRadar

I guess I'm happy with my S3 for another few years for now. The S4 so far seems to have things I'm not really interested in. Edge to edge display is not my thing, neither is flexible display. A 5 inch 1080p display would probably be too much for a phone, unless they can come up with a battery double the capacity of the 2100 mAh one in the S3.

As far as on the processing side, they're talking about an octo core chip! Now that IMO is just too much, as the quad core processors and current smartphone GPUs have all bases covered for now, and I don't see any blazing new graphic intensive games for Android or super HD movies being played on the phone right now or over the next two years. They're also talking about putting in a mini projector, which on a phone sounds gimmicky.

So well, based on the market right now and the tech forecast, Galaxy S3, HTC One X and iPhone 5 users can breathe a sigh of relief that their tech won't be outdated for quite a while.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    The Samsung S3 is already ahead of the iPhone 5 in many ways, the S4 has the potential to blow it away completely. Especially if the 5S/6 isn't out until late next year.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I've read parts of that article and it sounds more like wishful thinking than anything else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben
    I've read parts of that article and it sounds more like wishful thinking than anything else.
    While I admit an octo core chip would be an overkill and unlikely as of now, the rest of the rumored stuff is already present in some other phones. Edge to edge for example in Motorola's Razer max, Sony Odin will have a 5 inch 1080p display, and Samsung has patented and has been working on flexible displays and thinner storage for quite a while now.

IMO the Galaxy S4 will have a higher frequency quad core (possibly six core) processor with LTE, NFC, wireless charging, around 2 GB RAM, the usual storage, possibly going up to 128 GB even with a microSD slot, and some extra Samsung specific features like in the S3. These would be more realistic upgrades to the current S3.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    To be honest my iPhone 5 is plenty powerful enough for most things people do on a smartphone. Even if I had an S3 or an S4 I'd still only be sending emails, surfing the net, looking at facebook, twitter, youtube, tapatalk, texting and calling people, pictures video's etc etc. It does all those things fast and has never frozen on me in the 2 or so months I have been using it. On top of that its a bloody nice looking phone. I think its been proven that spec means diddly squat as long as you are happy with your device and it does everything you have bought it to do.. That goes for any phone model people choose
    Yes, true, but the idea of the iPhone has always been the best phone money can buy, that is no longer the case.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums