Page 78 of 344 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Nope, I'm still the proud owner of a 2003 Motorola v60 flip phone. Unless it finally dies, I plan on keeping it for at least another year. I'm a nostalgic old schooler. The iPod Touch allows me to do anything else I might want to do - and I don't have to pay for monthly service with it.

Short term or long term, Nokia and RIM are down hard. So is Microsoft, which has been dead money for about ten years now. Microsoft may find its way. But Nokia better get itself together soon or it risks a shareholder demand for breakup. RIM isn't in as bad a shape as Nokia, but what I've been saying is happening. They need the PlayBook to be successful, as it leads to the next phone platform. And thus far, the market has largely rejected it. Not good at all.
    Well then, not to be funny but slagging off Nokia without checking out their silver bullet is a bit dumb non?

That's like someone who's never driven or heard of a Subaru saying they're crap

You should have a look at the coverage of the Mango update for Windows Phone 7, it takes the Windows Phone 7 more or less up to a level pegging with Android and iOS. Just remember that a good deal of the stuff they're talking about is built in and not a third party app.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odykas
    Have you tried one tOdy? I guess you prefer closed source Google stuff
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Have you tried one tOdy? I guess you prefer closed source Google stuff
    Welcome to Android | Android Open Source

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Google

Do some reading, Android is nowhere near as open as they want you to think

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Well then, not to be funny but slagging off Nokia without checking out their silver bullet is a bit dumb non?
    You're confusing a product with the fortunes of the company. One does not necessarily have anything to do with the other. The Ford Edsel was said to be a great and innovative car in its time. But it was a disaster in the market.

You should have a look at the coverage of the Mango update for Windows Phone 7, it takes the Windows Phone 7 more or less up to a level pegging with Android and iOS. Just remember that a good deal of the stuff they're talking about is built in and not a third party app.
    I would, but I don't think Mango will run on my iPod Touch.

Don't get me wrong, Daniel. Mango might be a wonderful offering from Microsoft. But if we're talking about my own personal likes and desires, I have no real interest in it... or any other smartphone, for my own use. And from a company or stock perspective, I'll go long or go short, irrespective of whether I'm a fan of a product or company. I'll go long MSFT if I think the trade will make money for me. I'll go short AAPL if I think that will make money for me. I'm as emotionally detached as possible when it comes to investing.

That's like someone who's never driven or heard of a Subaru saying they're crap
    As for Subaru, while I might like their cars (or did), it could still be a crap or poorly run company.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Google

Do some reading, Android is nowhere near as open as they want you to think
    I will download and compile the kernel for my mobile.
    You should go back to Windoze where you belong :

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Isn't the techo nerd geek conference were they normally unveil the new iPhone taking place this week?
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Just want to point out that a few of the things that Apple has debuted today were already being done by other companies

Ability to take photos without unlocking the phone with the click of a button, WP7 has done it since launch. Probably one of the most useful features WP7 offers
    Apple iOS 5 adds instant camera access from lock screen and shutter release to volume-up button -- Engadget

Uploading your crap to the cloud, WP7 already did it

Syncing over WiFi, WP7 already did it.

OTA updates, Nokia has been doing this for years.

Now of course adding features is a good thing so you can hardly criticise Apple for it, but I just wanted to point out that in some ways WP7 is superior to iOS. Of course only an idiot would say that WP7 as it is at the moment is better than iOS but I think come Mango time the gap will be far smaller

Have a look at this and tell me that the Bing visual search isn't cool Jump to about 3:30 and I think the biggest iOS or Android fan will admit that it's a pretty cool feature.

[youtube]OP30F3ZxTmw[/youtube]

Apple is just marketing hype.....