Page 77 of 344 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    tbh allowing manufacturers or networks to force their own software onto users was never a good idea. One of the best plans Apple had was to stop carriers from doing that and give users a consistent experience. I remember when the iPhone was first launched and commetators were saying it would never be successful as they wouldn't allow carriers to install their bloatware on there.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    tbh allowing manufacturers or networks to force their own software onto users was never a good idea. One of the best plans Apple had was to stop carriers from doing that and give users a consistent experience. I remember when the iPhone was first launched and commetators were saying it would never be successful as they wouldn't allow carriers to install their bloatware on there.
    Can't disagree with that. The only thing which 3 have put on my phone is their little app which enables me to look at billing and so on. I'm free to delete it if I like I also like the fact that unlike my N95, I've had all the updates so far that Microsoft have offered for the phone I had to debrand (effectively you tell your phone that it's not from any particular carrier) my N95 to get updates for it....

Consistency, consistency and more consistency
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Demonlion Chica was looking for a new QWERTY phone and wanted recommendations. So I said to look at the Dell Venue. The link I sent her said it was available on T Mobile. Great you'd think! So she checks the site and it's not on there. So I went to the Microsoft site http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphon.../7/phones.aspx and it seems it's only available from Dell directly.

Now call me silly, but if Microsoft (or Dell for that matter) want to sell these things then they should be on the carriers site and also available instore. Now as I'm not in the US I'm assuming it's not available instore and although i could be wrong I suspect I'm not.

Facepalm, only the iPhone has such a draw that it could be an online only sale item...... Microsoft should be forcing Dell to sell their product in their carrier's stores or telling them to GTFO.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Facepalm, only the iPhone has such a draw that it could be an online only sale item
    Which of course it isn't, Apple aren't *that* daft!
    Microsoft should be forcing Dell to sell their product in their carrier's stores or telling them to GTFO.....
    But that's up to Dell? If they want to cripple their business model that's up to them?!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Going to get the Samsung Galaxy tab next week. I was hoping that the smaller version will also be upgraded/upgradeable to Honeycomb but it doesn't look like it. :\
    Anyway it looks and feel like a great mobile device and has the right size too.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Going to get the Samsung Galaxy tab next week. I was hoping that the smaller version will also be upgraded/upgradeable to Honeycomb but it doesn't look like it. :\
    Anyway it looks and feel like a great mobile device and has the right size too.
    Got a Galaxy Tab a few months back, very happy with it. Has plenty of great features. Can even use it as a good sized rally tripmeter.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    On April 28, after an earnings guidance call, the stock fell 11% to around $50/share - a six month low. On May 13, the stock was trading down another 13%, at $43.14 (just above its 52 week low).

If the sales don't meet expectations, or they try to use fuzzy math to express sales (as Samsung did with its tablet and Microsoft appears to be doing with the Windows Phone 7), then I expect RIM to take another hit after the May 28 earnings announcement - probably down to the mid $30's. If they exceed expectations, then the stock should recover. But we'll have to wait and see.
    I should have gone short! While walking around Best Buy the other week, an associate there told me they weren't selling the PlayDead... I mean, PlayBook. Now I see that analysts have cut their sales forecasts for it by 23%? Why didn't I short this thing???!!! An "easy" $4.50/share in two weeks!!!

RIMM Intraday Low on June 3: $38.53
    52 week low: $38.53
    Close: $38.96

As for Nokia, is Nokia going to survive? Will Microsoft come to the rescue (with its checkbook) if things get any worse? Or will the company just be broken up and sold in pieces, as some large investors and analyst suggest? The stock has also fallen out of bed again, and is trading at/near its (new) 52 week low.

The tech world is starting to develop some really interesting news stories!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I should have gone short! While walking around Best Buy the other week, an associate there told me they weren't selling the PlayDead... I mean, PlayBook. Now I see that analysts have cut their sales forecasts for it by 23%? Why didn't I short this thing???!!!

RIMM Intraday Low on June 3: $38.53
    52 week low: $38.53
    Close: $38.96

As for Nokia, is Nokia going to survive? Will Microsoft come to the rescue (with its checkbook) if things get any worse? Or will the company just be broken up and sold in pieces, as some large investors and analyst suggest? The stock has also fallen out of bed again, and is trading at/near its (new) 52 week low.

The tech world is starting to develop some really interesting news stories!
    I think you're looking very short term. Tried a Windows Phone 7 yet?

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Nope, I'm still the proud owner of a 2003 Motorola v60 flip phone. Unless it finally dies, I plan on keeping it for at least another year. I'm a nostalgic old schooler. The iPod Touch allows me to do anything else I might want to do - and I don't have to pay for monthly service with it.

Short term or long term, Nokia and RIM are down hard. So is Microsoft, which has been dead money for about ten years now - it's around a new 52 week low too. Microsoft may find its way. But Nokia better get itself together soon or it risks a shareholder demand for breakup. RIM isn't in as bad a shape as Nokia, but what I've been saying is happening. They need the PlayBook to be successful, as it leads to the next phone platform. And thus far, the market has largely rejected it. Not good at all.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts