Page 196 of 344 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3435
    Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Not sure about that. I think the fact it is still the most used OS for computing worldwide mean most people just see it as the standard. It does the job without being fancy and is stable and easy to use. It may not be the same where phones are concerned but certainly in computing I would say.
    I agree. Plus with Windows there is instant brand recognition. Microsoft knows how hard it is to build up a new brand from scratch like Zune or Xbox so I think staying with the Windows title was a good move. The only problem is that it draws a link with their previous substandard mobile Windows OS.

I have to say that Apple's 'i' naming system was clever, all they need to do is put the 'i' in front of a title and its instantly recognisable as an Apple product.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was time for my mobile phone contract upgrade so I thought I would chance my arm on the first day of iPhone 5 sales. Well, I pootled down to my local city centre at noon to find that O2 had a fair few iPhone 5s in stock. I got served immediately and was on my way in 10 minutes. I then sauntered past the local Apple Store to find a queue some 100 deep outside the shop.

It seems like a nice device. It feels very different in the hand to the previous one. And the maps are rubbish, but openmaps has taken care of that need.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewmcm
    It was time for my mobile phone contract upgrade so I thought I would chance my arm on the first day of iPhone 5 sales. Well, I pootled down to my local city centre at noon to find that O2 had a fair few iPhone 5s in stock. I got served immediately and was on my way in 10 minutes. I then sauntered past the local Apple Store to find a queue some 100 deep outside the shop.

It seems like a nice device. It feels very different in the hand to the previous one. And the maps are rubbish, but openmaps has taken care of that need.
    Are you walking with your nose up in the air now ?

:
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    She's ... playing with it next to me rubbing it in. Its very nice indeed.
    as the bishop said about billy's missus ailor:
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    When we got our iPad 3 it was similar. The Apple store had sold out with people queuing for hours and Comet had a full stock! lol.
    Not surprised at all.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    as yer missus said to billy
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

RIM Falls as BlackBerry Service Disrupted in Europe

RIM continues to experience problems:

RIM Falls as BlackBerry Service Disrupted in Europe

Research In Motion Ltd. (RIMM)’s BlackBerry customers in parts of Europe suffered a service disruption on the same day as Apple Inc. (AAPL) introduced a new iPhone, the second time that’s happened in two years.

RIM is struggling with slumping sales as users switch to devices from Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) and Apple, which began selling its iPhone 5 in stores globally today. A similar BlackBerry outage last year as Apple debuted the iPhone 4S lasted for at least three days and compelled then co-Chief Executive Officer Mike Lazaridis to make a public video apology.

RIM CEO Thorsten Heins apologized for the disruption in a message on the company’s website today. As many as 6 percent of RIM’s more than 78 million BlackBerry subscribers may have been affected, though the disruption didn’t last more than three hours, he said. RIM will do a full technical analysis to determine the cause, Heins said.

RIM dropped 6.5 percent to $6.46 at the close in New York, the most since June 29. The stock has tumbled 96 percent from its 2008 peak and 70 percent in the past 12 months.
    There are rumors that Microsoft, Samsung or FaceBook might have an interest in buying RIM. Just rumors, mind you. But which of these three companies do you think would best be able to turn this struggling company around?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Well Facebook is the only one not with existing interests and there have been rumours if Facebook being interested in making a phone.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After further review, i will skip the latest version of iPhone.

The iPhone 5 (Parody): A Taller Change Than Expected - YouTube

(sorry . . . .)
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    After further review, i will skip the latest version of iPhone.

The iPhone 5 (Parody): A Taller Change Than Expected - YouTube

(sorry . . . .)
    No need to apologize. They'll be filthy rich even without your money