Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brean Stages 2010

can anyone tell me if this rally is worth the two hour drive from swansea,iv'e seen some of the entry list and it looks tempting

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ive never been, but have been told, viewing can be restricted , i think there are so many areas that you can watch from.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Have a search on Youtube for some videos. It ain't great, viewing is limited to a long corner and a tight chicane. As it's a holiday park you pretty much can't get anywhere near the cars. TBH if it was much more than an hour away I probably wouldn't bother.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Just had a look at the site and I won't be going. £20 per car is taking the piss. It'll only be me and the old man so that's £10 plus fuel and I don't think the rally is worth that. As my Dad just said a rally at Smeatharpe might be worth that but Brean just lacks any real excitement (it's more a chance to see the cars after a long time between rallies). Also I seem to remember that last year it was an effort to sneak into the service to have a poke around (TBH that's the reason I like to go as the SV gives a good chance to have a nose around.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Just had a look at the site and I won't be going. £20 per car is taking the piss. It'll only be me and the old man so that's £10 plus fuel and I don't think the rally is worth that. As my Dad just said a rally at Smeatharpe might be worth that but Brean just lacks any real excitement (it's more a chance to see the cars after a long time between rallies). Also I seem to remember that last year it was an effort to sneak into the service to have a poke around (TBH that's the reason I like to go as the SV gives a good chance to have a nose around.
    Agreed £20 is a piss take, especially if like me you dont have many friends into rallying.

even with the good entry I personally wouldnt bother driving 2 hours to see it, im quite happy to wait till the 20th of feb to see some rallying up smeatharpe

Heres my video of it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbn96U2VH1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6my_N1Q_rjI

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the advice everyone,don't think i'l bother,£20 quid a bit steep+ petrol getting there and the spectator area looks as though its in some bushes.

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    I'm not going and it's 15 minutes away!
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not up to much then,save me a waste of journey,thanks

Does anyone want to group up and go to this in one car? I'm not particularly bothered about this but with me, my old man and some others it starts to seem more reasonable.

For anyone who can head up from Exeter way (possibly only Ally) then my old man would be driving and paying for the fuel

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Which day are ye going as im going to be waaaay too hung over sunday lol.