Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WRC vs IRC

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Then maybe they should have given the promoter contract to Eurosport instead of North One...
    Mm, not sure about that. Look at the WTCC, struggling - while Eurosport give them plenty of coverage, World Championships need to be on normal TV, like F1 is.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Mm, not sure about that. Look at the WTCC, struggling - while Eurosport give them plenty of coverage, World Championships need to be on normal TV, like F1 is.
    I wouldn't want to trust the running of my favourite championship to Eurosport. No chance. Even before the money problems, with all their various commitments they surely spread themselves too thin to effectively promote something.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    If Eurosport were the promoter it wouldn't mean the championship could only be on Eurosport.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    nice...more "fortune tellers" threads please....and why stay on 2011 lets have some outrageous assumptions about the years to come as well...in 2356 for example...what about then ??

are you guys with all those junk posting doing it on purpose ??? or it comes naturally out of yourselves?

and to answer some of those "not so smart" questions.... name a driver that will do a 25+ races per season and a manufacturer with the money to support it !!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    IRC will live just as long someone is interested to pay the bill, and Eurosport is not doing so well, no one or nobody is trying to kill it or need it killed.
    Why not the current S2000 cars in SWIRC as IRC and S1600T as WRC cars?
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    I don't follow the IRC, but I might start this year.

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    I don't follow the IRC, but I might start this year.

Please don't. It's really boring and certainly not cool. You wouldn't like it. Best just to stick to WRC, much more hip and more exciting.

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    Please don't. It's really boring and certainly not cool. You wouldn't like it. Best just to stick to WRC, much more hip and more exciting.
    yeah theres a chance of more than 3 drivers winning a rally, not to be recommended

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    The cars in the current WRC sound boring, like a mouldy crumpet infact.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The only things that the IRC is missing is the name "World Rally Championship" & a couple of iconic events that the WRC has held onto (eg: 1000 Lakes).

The competition between drivers is better in IRC. The event formats are better in IRC. The cars sound magnificent in the IRC. The TV coverage is better in IRC (although I admit it probably doesn't reach as many people outside europe).

The WRC is too far out of reach for people to aspire to. Back in the late 70's & early 80's the cars didn't cost as much as transporting them around the world for 12 months, the same as in the GrpA era. The problem with the WRC is that the rules & regs mean that manu's & privateers need to spend stupid amounts of money to have a go. Even people with seemingly endless money behind them dropout due to funding (Novikov & Rautenbach anyone). Surely that should tell North ISC or what/whoever they are now that there is a problem. Wake-up, look at what the IRC have been able to do purely because people aren't happy with the WRC. It's about time rallying took a few steps back & tried again.