Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danske
    Still no love for Davy Jones?
    He's listed as a driver on the 07 Corvette.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    AIM did issue a press release earlier this month (for what press releases are worth) that they are planning to run the series starting with Homestead.
    That was welcome news, because at one point I heard AIM was out of the series. That said, the local media isn't really up to date to what is going on in their backyard, and AIM to their lack of PR, hasn't really kept the local media aware of the team in this marketplace.

AIM started building their own F1600 chassis in Canada and all the sudden bam, they were in the Rolex a few years back. A great story that has never been really told by the local media...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    There are some very capable drivers that are expected for Level 5 Motorsports and Orbit Racing, who are not on the entry list. For Orbit, Johnny Mowlem is expected to join their regular lineup, and for Level 5, Sebastien Bourdais, Emmanuel Collard, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Sascha Maassen, and Lucas Luhr are all expected and were listed as team drivers at the January test. It's very odd that they aren't on the official entry list.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    It's very odd that they aren't on the official entry list.
    Given the human processing of paperwork and web sites I wouldn't say it's that odd. Now if we want to be terribly optimistic, their Ferrari DP engine just appeared on the approved list, so maybe they've embargoed their entry details for a big announcement.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Given the human processing of paperwork and web sites I wouldn't say it's that odd. Now if we want to be terribly optimistic, their Ferrari DP engine just appeared on the approved list, so maybe they've embargoed their entry details for a big announcement.
    Grand Am has been diligent in posting updates. I see that Orbit's driver squad has been listed, and it included Johnny Mowlem. It's odd that Level 5 has not put in their driver lineup, especially since they've listed it in this press release:
    http://www.supercarliferacing.com/ne...-24-AT-DAYTONA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just read that Jimmie Johnson crashed during Thursday's practice and suffered some bruising. He crashed on one of the turns on the road course portion. He was trying to avoid a GT class car and he lifted while on the brakes causing his car to back into the wall hard. He was traveling an estimated 185 mph when first trying to avoid the GT car.

The #99 car entry has been withdrawn from the race due to the damage. The team said the backup car in Dallas should be there at Daytona today (Friday).
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    I just read that Jimmie Johnson crashed during Thursday's practice and suffered some bruising. He crashed on one of the turns on the road course portion. He was trying to avoid a GT class car and he lifted while on the brakes causing his car to back into the wall hard. He was traveling an estimated 185 mph when first trying to avoid the GT car.

The #99 car entry has been withdrawn from the race due to the damage. The team said the backup car in Dallas should be there at Daytona today (Friday).
    They've decided to fix the damaged car instead: http://grand-am.com/assets/GAINSCO%20RELEASE%201_28.pdf

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The 99 looked more than healthy enough in the first 4 hours....I haven't watched it since 7pm EST....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some really good racing going on in this race.. Montoya powering past Lucas Luhr at the reastart on cold tires.. and then Allmendinger fighting side by side with Dazliel was nice..

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    The 99 looked more than healthy enough in the first 4 hours....I haven't watched it since 7pm EST....
    It's looking fine, but quite honestly I don't think it has the best driver lineup. Jimmie Johnson was reasonably quick, but very inconsistent, and I think that Jimmy Vasser has lost a step.

No question in my mind that JPM is the fastest guy in the field.