Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    No question in my mind that JPM is the fastest guy in the field.
    And Dixon..
    Also watch out for A. J, he just took the lead from JPM's teammate, McMurray..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    A lot of DP teams have discovered the economy sucks. I know AIM probably isn't back, and they won a race or two along the way.

Get used to it people...we have to suffer for a few more years before things start growing. The first few years of the DP's were small 10 or 11 car fields....so we are back to that again. 24 hour races are expensive to run....
    But what of all the talk about stable rules, a 10 year freeze on technological development, equalized competition, and NASCAR star driver power? My god, this has to be the lowest attended Rolex in the history of the event, not just in entries but fans too.

Personally this race is about as interesting as watching a slot car race. zzzzzzzzzzzz

How long till Sebring?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SportscarBruce
    But what of all the talk about stable rules, a 10 year freeze on technological development, equalized competition, and NASCAR star driver power? My god, this has to be the lowest attended Rolex in the history of the event, not just in entries but fans too.

Personally this race is about as interesting as watching a slot car race. zzzzzzzzzzzz

How long till Sebring?
    Lack of sponsors on the cars says it all Bruce.....the car that won didn't have a sponsor.

AS for interesting, while it is a 24 hour race. Rarely do you get any serious duels in those.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I thought it was interesting today, last night's yellow fest wasn't much though.

As far as attendance goes, it's always hard to estimate Daytona becayse there are no obvious gathering spots. I've been there a number of times, and it's not the best place to watch a road race.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I thought it was interesting today, last night's yellow fest wasn't much though.

As far as attendance goes, it's always hard to estimate Daytona becayse there are no obvious gathering spots. I've been there a number of times, and it's not the best place to watch a road race.
    Heck, it is not really a great road racing track but people love this race. The series never gets the attention to match this but the crowds are better at other tracks. The infield is packed, but no one bothers with the stands. I am not sure what they draw, but it must be worth it for ISC to stage the race.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm also wondering about some team's attitudes towards the series now that NASCAR is actively involved in it's management. Sounds like soome pretty high profile DP teams are jumping to ALMS to run GT cars. NASCAR ownership has pretty much already ruined the AMA, will do the same to Grand AM? It's 100% because I now have a GA race local to me I can attend, but I actually find the Grand Am races quite entertaining, but sI wish GA would get together with existing ALMS classes and compete together in some more endurance racing. Maybe The Glen 6 hours, a 12-24 hour at Road America and a 6 hour at Miller. They really need to run these races on the longest courses we have available. It's a shame they didn't build the linked courses at NJMSP as I believe it would have been something like 4.5 miles combined and I think a good track for endurance racing

Damn it's really hard to find much discussion on Grand Am.!!
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah, Grand Am doesn't seem to have all that many fans. I remember tuning into the Homestead race last year, and the place was nearly empty, despite the IRL show being later that day. I realize that the IRL crowd wasn't huge, but it dwarfed the Grand Am one.

Tune into Homestead in a couple weeks. I'd be surprises if there are a thousand fans. It also seems like Grand Am is shying away from pairing up with other series now, some of the events that were previously a doubleheader with another series are now standalone.

Most of the Grand Am races I've seen have fairly close finishes, but way too many yellows.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    It also seems like Grand Am is shying away from pairing up with other series now, some of the events that were previously a doubleheader with another series are now standalone.
    That's strange. I wonder why?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    That's strange. I wonder why?
    I don't get it either. I know that the original intent of the Grand Am series was to focus on the particpant, but it almost seems like the management of the series is going out of their way to make the Grand Am schedule uninteresting to fans.