Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
You’re probably missing a crucial aspect: Monte Carlo Rally is still one of the most valuable branded motorsport events in the world. To win in no matter class on MC Rally can become an image boost for any manu, especially when there’s s strong heritage attached. In a bigger scale, the same happens in Le Mans; that’s why a secondary class win is so meaningful to Ford.

Maybe I’m being too optimistic, but I really believe that Alpine in RGT, probably in a venture with Dumas, is only a matter of time.
Have You tried to ask people around You if they know who won Monte Carlo in GT class? I grant You that far majority would ask anything along "Were there some GT? I though it was WRC!" A quarter of the folks would know that Ogier won with Ford. One of hundred would know that Mikkelsen won WRC2 and maybe if You search really really hard You find someone who knows that Abarth was there.

I don't speak about this forum but about people living around us, for example my colleagues at work - in automotive company where nearly everybody follows some sort of motorsport. Even there I'm pretty sure that I can't find anyone on my floor (roughly sixty people) who would even know results of WRC2.