Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Haha. Oh well. 50,000 models recalled. Oh Toyota.
    Not sure what my sig is meant to be but should be something to do with Nico beating Schuey

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    its a fair point.
    While I don't put much stock in testing times per say, I do not dismiss them summarily either. It is more than just the times to me. it is also how the cars behave and if they seem quick or not. I think mclaren were playing it conservative during this first test and I do think Ferrari were on lighter fuel loads. But I also think the Ferrari seems well balanced and fairly quick around a more technical track. I also believe the macs will be right there. Sauber looks like they were on a few glory runs, but for those few days, they were consistently quick and had good times compared to the others, even on the longer runs. I do believe renault and Williams need much more work done on their cars, and probably benefited the most from these early tests to correct what seems like some obvious issues with their cars.

Testing is a good way to continue the development and preparation of each car, but one can also take a few things away from them as well.

Another small point would also be the mind games teams might play on each other during testing.
    I wouldn't forget the Merc, IMO they were very conservative too, maybe even more than the McLaren.
    Formula 1

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callum122
    Is there any news or whispers floating around on KERS? Will any team sneak it into their package?
    Im just crossing my fingers a team does include it
    I am am quietly hoping Mclaren re-introduces it. They had it dialed in by the end of the year
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I wouldn't forget the Merc, IMO they were very conservative too, maybe even more than the McLaren.
    yeah, sorry forgot to mention them
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callum122
    Haha. Oh well. 50,000 models recalled. Oh Toyota.
    Offtopic but to rub salt in their wounds, one of their biggest up-and- coming competitors is going from strength to strength everywhere.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/hyu...t-in-december/
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Offtopic but to rub salt in their wounds, one of their biggest up-and- coming competitors is going from strength to strength everywhere.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/hyu...t-in-december/
    Even Honda posted positive results last quarter I read recently.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

http://www.autosport.com/gallery/photo.php/id/13245221

McLaren are running all sorts of weird devices on their car. The latest is this sensor hanging off the front wheel.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    That is an advanced Bunsen burner which is intended to incinerate anyone foolhardy enough to overtake.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus

http://www.autosport.com/gallery/photo.php/id/13245221

McLaren are running all sorts of weird devices on their car. The latest is this sensor hanging off the front wheel.
    LOL..

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    With no more testing I would imagine the teams will be using all sorts of devices like this, like Ferrari with the pole sticking out the top of the airbox last week.

And no that wasn't a reference to Robert Kubica..
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Autosport Live
    A McLaren spokesman tells AUTOSPORT that the curious sidepod structure seen on Button's car this morning is part of the team's programme for measuring aerodynamic flow structures while on-track:

"Given the limited amount of testing that teams have been permitted over the past two seasons, as a team we feel it's necessary to put as much emphasis as we possibly can on accurately measuring the flow structures we encounter at the track so that we can match them to the flow structures we are able to simulate in CFD and the windtunnel back at the factory."
    So, if the Virgin model of CFD only proves reliable, and testing is ruduced ever more, teams want to align themselves with better and more accurate methods of correlating theoretical (i.e CFD simulators) with practical track behaviour.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.