Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Rosberg: It was Schumi who made F1 dangerous

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/155650/...dangerous.html
    It has emerged that before he knew Michael Schumacher would be his team-mate at Mercedes Grand Prix in F1 2010, Nico Rosberg had accused his compatriot of taking driving standards in the sport to a new low...
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    While I agree that Schumacher's driving style wasn't right, if he got away with it and everything was legal so long as he did it then it's not really Schumacher's problem, more an issue with the sport itself. I don't think that his moves were outright dangerous, just might have resulted in accidents, and it's not like nobody pulled off overly aggressive moves before Schumacher was around.

I really just hope that we can finally get some consistency with the penalties handed out now that Max has gone. Though I'm not holding my breath.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    ...I don't think that his moves were outright dangerous, just might have resulted in accidents...
    I thought accidents in motor racing generally were dangerous!
    :burnout:

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Did Nico never watch Senna drive?

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    There is a distinct difference between "driving standards" and the intent of the driving; even at law there is a difference between careless and culpable driving.

I think that Schumacher had excellent car control, and as such 99% of the time, the standard of his driving in particular was par excellence. What I do object to is the intent of some of his maneuvers, which were deliberate, and not the result of careless driving; where the standard of car control is still excellent.

You can look to someone like Montoya who suffered from brain fade on the odd occasion, or de Cesaris who early on in his career had a string of little accidents, but Schumacher did not lower driving standards through carelessness.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    In Monaco 2004, when Montoya hit Michael, it was pure malice IMO, not even trying to gain something, but malice. Anyway, in F1 drivers are there to win and although I was from the few people who thought that Kobayashi is dangerous, I had no problem with Webber's moves. IMO this can not be "after you sir" sport. Nico should better learn this and as a winless driver, for now he should comment less IMO.
    Formula 1

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    It is supposed to be dangerous.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Probably Yes!!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Exactly.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/10/1...t-backmarkers/

Keke Rosberg

Rosberg’s driving manners were usually sound but what he did to Ayrton Senna in a rage during the 1985 European Grand Prix would surely earn a lengthy ban today.
    Having spun out in a clash with Senna early into the race Rosberg ducked into the pits, emerging just metres in front of Senna, who had Rosberg’s team mate Nigel Mansell close behind.
    Rosberg proceeded to carefully block Senna, allowing Mansell past, before turning up the turbo boost and scampering free of the pair of them. Mansell cruised home to take his first Grand Prix win…
    http://www.eliodeangelis.info/elio_d...ke-doodson.php
    scrap which saw him cross the line a tyre's width in front of Keke Rosberg.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’