Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serial jeff
    Even with tarmac tires I doubt he could have stopped in time... and I don't think he even intended to.
    I don't think they were worried about getting it to a complete stop ether, they would have needed to line up another barge. I don't think they thought he was going to hit the wall as hard as he did ether. I don't know what kind of brakes Vermont Sports Car puts on the SRTUSA cars but most of the top cars in the US use brakes comparable to what you would find on a WRC car. If he had tarmac tires, the surface of the barge was abrasive enough and he kept it straight I think he could have gotten his speed down enough to keep from doing major damage to the car when it hit the tire wall at the end. However what they should have done and would have been really cool is put a hook underneath the car and put a series of five or so cables across the barge with 100lbs weights tied to ether end and had him come in like a jet landing on an Aircraft carrier. They could have used water troughs running down each side of the barge with a sled in each one and run a cable up to the bottom of the landing ramp and have it go across with a couple of pulleys. That would have been really cool and easy to do!

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru
    Neat stunt even though I’m in no way a fan of his, they could have laid off the hype a little though. The only question I have about the whole thing is. Does Vermont Sports Car not know of a little thing known to the world of Rally called Tarmac Tires? He might have stopped the car if he had something besides gravel tires… Just a thought.
    Tarmac tyres aren't very good for jumping.....
    And the ramp got damp from the water, it stoped in time on testing.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think its good publicity, and an awesome sight.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Almost three weeks since Pastrana took the jump and people are still interested. [sarcasm]Yes, well I guess that's a bad thing for rallying and autosports in general.[/sarcasm]
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Amazing stunt,

I am suprised the car slammed into the wall though, maybe they should have stopped it propeley, how badly damaged is the car?

For more insane action, check out Ken Blok...

[youtube]BkNzkutTiGs[/youtube]

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Amazing stunt,

I am suprised the car slammed into the wall though, maybe they should have stopped it propeley, how badly damaged is the car?

For more insane action, check out Ken Blok...
    Great video Langdale! Never seen that before i have to say. Thanks for sharing this, can't wait to see more from your "new videos" folder.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts