Quote Originally Posted by serial jeff
Even with tarmac tires I doubt he could have stopped in time... and I don't think he even intended to.
I don't think they were worried about getting it to a complete stop ether, they would have needed to line up another barge. I don't think they thought he was going to hit the wall as hard as he did ether. I don't know what kind of brakes Vermont Sports Car puts on the SRTUSA cars but most of the top cars in the US use brakes comparable to what you would find on a WRC car. If he had tarmac tires, the surface of the barge was abrasive enough and he kept it straight I think he could have gotten his speed down enough to keep from doing major damage to the car when it hit the tire wall at the end. However what they should have done and would have been really cool is put a hook underneath the car and put a series of five or so cables across the barge with 100lbs weights tied to ether end and had him come in like a jet landing on an Aircraft carrier. They could have used water troughs running down each side of the barge with a sled in each one and run a cable up to the bottom of the landing ramp and have it go across with a couple of pulleys. That would have been really cool and easy to do!