Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Ogier = the new Loeb ?

He impressed me a lot on snow (Sweden), even more on gravel (Mexico) and he's almost as fast as Loeb on tarmac. Can he be as good as Loeb ? Also I think Sordo should start to worry about is seat as 2nd driver, unless Sebastien will retire after this season. You guys agree ?
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    If Ogier keeps beating Dani Sordo, he might be team mate to Loeb in 2011, or will that be to early, like JML in Ford?

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Sure Ogier has the potential to follow Loeb.
    From marketing point of view two french in the team maybe not the best (Sordo important due to PSA Spain market but maybe this is not the deciding factor for Quesnel)
    (It's also not clear for me Wilson's tactics at Ford. Two finn in the team marketing wise not the best and both with weak tarmac experience. I would be suprise if they can win manufacturer champs or the driver champs this year. On the other side respect for Wilson due to loyality to his drivers especially to Latvala)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He impressed me so far this year as well but:

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    he's almost as fast as Loeb on tarmac.
    In spain he didn't really impress on tarmac even loosing to Petter in his first C4 start, neither did he impress in Ireland. That's his only 2 WRC starts on Tarmac.
    Before that in JWRC he had very similar speed as Prokop on tarmac.

So I don't get where you get this assumption from, the one off tire lottery of Monte Carlo against different drivers?

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    If Ogier keeps beating Dani Sordo, he might be team mate to Loeb in 2011, or will that be to early, like JML in Ford?
    I am fairly confident Sordo doesnt fit into Citroen Racing's 2011 plans, UNLESS Loeb leaves for LMS and Kimi back to F1. Then Sordo could be #2 driver to Ogier. No doubt Citroen Racing and Olivier Quensel see Ogier very much as the future of Citroen Racing

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Ogier is not typical French driver. He is much faster on Gravel and snow than he is on tarmac.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Indeed tarmac is a weakness of Ogier, he is more natural on the loose stuff. That said he has had an impressive start to this year and with a little more maturity and less silly mistakes than last year he could impress and take vital points off Ford.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Don't think he will have 55 wins..
    But maybe some crown..

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    He's not the new Loeb - but he's a future World Champion, of that there is no doubt.
    He's been mightily impressive in all 3 starts this year - can he keep it up?There's no doubt he has gone up a level this year - and with the right circumstances, a win is not an impossibility.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    C4 - GB rally - few years ago when he led on the start means that he has potential to be future champ..