Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Who here is active in driving or co-driving or service or organising?

A guy I know here in the USA aked me to search for people active in rally in whatever form so we can send them a basic interview type questionnaire as a sorta of "let's compare notes from round the world" on what are the hurdles, what are the costs, the cars, the ideas that are similar and dis-simialr in the differnt areas of the world.

So who is active in some form in rally and would you be willing to be "interviewed" for an online magazine.

There's all sorts of pretty piccies of Loeb and Hirvonen and Latvalla but what about YOU?

If you're not active in some form, you know guys who are?
    Put them this way.

Thanks
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    I'm actively involved in all of the above. Drive a bit, won ARC class P3 in 2007. Codrive in the Tarmac events here in Australia. Am organising the newest event on the Australian Tarmac Rally Calendar Targa ACT for 2011. Do a bit of servicing and spectating when time permits.

I'm ok to do a survey.

Cheers

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    I run rally rental/servicing company, codrive from time to time. Also organize some events, tests etc.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm a competitor in Australia. 18 year old, am a driver, but started Co-driving at the age of 12, made the switch to driving as soon as I could get my licence (age 17) did my 1st driving rally 3 days after I got my licence. My goal is to be a WRC driver. Currently driving a Evolution 2 in State Events and aiming at doing a few national events. Would love the budget to do international events.

Will be willing to do an interview.

Cheers,
    Tristan Kent.
    Tristan Kent

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Im a co-driver in South African champonships, won 2009 class A6 championships in a Toyota Auris

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    First, hope you're mostly recovered from new years.
    And thanks for replying
    Now I was asked to stir things around cause I speak/read loadsa languages and used to know lots of people in rally in Europe.

Now the online magazine is now "On-line' and here's a example of the sorta of questionnaire that we'd like to send you.

http://rally.gearboxmagazine.com/201...-mick-extance/

The idea is to discuss details of solutions and problems is enough depth that maybe some other person somewhere else can maybe see solutions---be it organising, running the event, choosing a car, fixing junk that breaks, local type sponsorships, what are the places YOU find solutions ie what on line forums you use (the boys doing this are the generation that does everything on-line and like to link all sorts of things) where you buy parts .... etc etc,,

At some point you guys will have to send me some means to contact you---like email--- and please, encourage any of your mates, crews , competitors to look in---this is definitely one of those things where the more the merrier in terms of usefulness...
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    I have went from being a rally gypsy spectating everywhere that I could, then became involved with servicing for various people and now officiate where I can. Especially after someone decided to host a WRC event in my backyard.

Grew up surrounded by speedway racing and sprintcars but I am glad to be involved in gravel racing where the cars can turn left and right. ha ha.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"