Thread: Website Builder

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts

Website Builder

Does anyone know of the best way to create a website? I've Googled it and it comes up with loads of 'Free Website Builders' but they all say that they offer great unique things etc. and I'm not sure which is best.

As those from the Rally part of the forums know, I'm tying to do a website charting the career of a particular driver. I want to set it up so that it has a general homepage/introduction thing, and then a page for his rallies. Within that one page I need 5 or so sub-pages which can be chosen i.e. one for each season.

Within these pages I would like a picture followed by text for the results for each rally - about 15 per year. I know all this is a lot to take in, but if anyone has good experiences of any particluar site then it would be great. The more professional the look the better.
    Thanks.

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Try Joomla, it's quite easy to use and install.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    well it depends on which platform you are one windows, mac, or linux
    then it depends on whether you want a static or dynamic or enterprise website
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

raybak - thanks.

fousto - I'm on Windows, but have no idea what those 3 words mean in terms of websites!

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    you are probably just working with static pages so you may want to look at Microsoft Expression - New Way To Build Your Web Site - FREE Trial Version

Try not to get to complex in your selection of programs. Some of them get very involved as they are made to create powerful dynamic database driven websites.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Thanks fousto.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    You'd probably get better results of what you want by making it yourself, google it or buy a book, it's not hard and quite easy to pick up. And you get your page just how you want it, and probably no advertising etc getting in the way.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    use a wordpress site to begin with then once you have learned the basics you can go out on your own.