Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi RBR 2011

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Beating Kimi might be harder than beating Webber, which was not that easy for Vettel either.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Sure he does, beating MW doesn't bring the headlines he'll get beating Kimi.
    They are friends, Kimi and Vettel.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Most of us know. But Seb want´s to beat him on track. Poor Seb.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    When not racing. Once they sit in a F1 car on the track it's each for himself.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    [quote="Mia 01"]Still. Kimi is the most popular driver in the world, and the best driver IMO.

Agreed - he is one of the biggest talents today. Ferrari made the biggest mistake ever when kicking him out for the biggest money ever.
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Quote Originally Posted by jas123f1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Still. Kimi is the most popular driver in the world, and the best driver IMO.

Agreed - he is one of the biggest talents today. Ferrari made the biggest mistake ever when kicking him out for the biggest money ever.
    He will further prove himself this year!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I wonder if it was Kimi who taught Vettel to sing this:

[youtube]YlvbvQoW8Kg[/youtube]
    I could really use a fish right now

Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Ferrari made the biggest mistake ever when kicking him out for the biggest money ever.
    Which shows how little you know.

Ferrari sacking Alain Prost, a then 3xWDC and later a 4xWDC, was the biggest mistake.

"The Ferrari chassis, despite a major revision by the French Grand Prix (F-643) was also not up to the level of the McLaren and the Williams models. Prost won no races, only getting onto the podium five times. He took it out on the Italian team, publicly criticising them (he famously described his car as handling worse than "a truck"), and was fired prior to the end of the season"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_P...31991:_Ferrari

Ferrari paid Alain his 1992 retainer in full, some $18million, which, considering it was 1991 and given inflation, was relatively much more than Kimi's pay-off in 2010.

What's more, instead of replacing a 1xWDC winner with a 2xWDC winner as they have for this season, in 1992 Ferrari replaced the then winner of the most GP's in history with Ivan Capelli, who had managed two 2nd places in 5 seasons.

Needless to say, 1992 was an abject disaster for Ferrari. It prompted Gianni Agnelli to step in and fundamentally change the management, bringing in Jean Todt and giving him carte-blanche to change Maranello.

So, when saying letting Kimi go was the biggest mistake, check the history books.

Kimi leaving is a minor ripple in a mill pond in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by tamburello

Which shows how little you know.

Ferrari sacking Alain Prost, a then 3xWDC and later a 4xWDC, was the biggest mistake.

"The Ferrari chassis, despite a major revision by the French Grand Prix (F-643) was also not up to the level of the McLaren and the Williams models. Prost won no races, only getting onto the podium five times. He took it out on the Italian team, publicly criticising them (he famously described his car as handling worse than "a truck"), and was fired prior to the end of the season"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_P...31991:_Ferrari

Ferrari paid Alain his 1992 retainer in full, some $18million, which, considering it was 1991 and given inflation, was relatively much more than Kimi's pay-off in 2010.

What's more, instead of replacing a 1xWDC winner with a 2xWDC winner as they have for this season, in 1992 Ferrari replaced the then winner of the most GP's in history with Ivan Capelli, who had managed two 2nd places in 5 seasons.

Needless to say, 1992 was an abject disaster for Ferrari. It prompted Gianni Agnelli to step in and fundamentally change the management, bringing in Jean Todt and giving him carte-blanche to change Maranello.

So, when saying letting Kimi go was the biggest mistake, check the history books.

Kimi leaving is a minor ripple in a mill pond in comparison.
    I will check the season in November with the history glasses on.

Hope FA bring Ferrari a WDC in his first year.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    My guess is Vettel won't be at Red Bull in 2011, unless they clinch the Championship this season of course. I have a feeling if Rosberg does not show his worth, we may see Seb and Michael at Mercedes by then.
    Hopefully not. I would find it very hard to cheer for Mercedes (and Schumi of course) when they have a d!ckhead like Vettel in their team.
    "signature room for rent"