Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    No just All Seasons, but All Terrain.
    £250.00 the lot, plus VAT.

It's who you know
    Well of course a 4wd tyre is going to be all terrain. You're not using it as a Chelsea tractor so it was kind of a given they'd be AT tyres
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not at all.

You'd be shocked at the utter rubbish sold as AT and the quality of 'standard' (to the vehicle) tyres.
    Most wouldn't get you out of a puddle if truth be told. That's why I'm often called on to get other Range Rovers out of auction fields.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    A friend of mine bought a car when he was working in US and got some all weather tires on that thing, he had them on when he moved back to Finland. i wouldn't like to drive them here compared to the studded Nokian's I use, but I think they'd be ok in UK type weather.
    Getting a chance to practice on snowy or icy surface is IMO a very good thing, we had that in driving school. Nowadays I drive to a nearby industrial area to do some braking and swerving tests on a street with large parking areas on both sides.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All 4wheel drive tyres are not imo all terrain. I have "all season" on mine and i wouldn't ever go thru fields or woods in it

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Had great fun this morning with my winter tyres... dodging all the eejuts in all-season or summer tyres doing about 20kmh, and waiting patiently for the donkeys to try and get started at the traffic lights before they changed back to red :
    If you don't have the appropriate tyres for the road conditions, stay at home or use public transport!
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    most people are too scared, too inexperienced or too stupid for all weather/winter or whatever tyres to make much difference. if people first learned how to control a car with next to no grip it would make no end of difference.

i do agree that tyres would make a difference then, as a lot of tyres simply aren't suitable to snow/ice as soon as there is any gradient the world ends, but peoples incompetence helps here - simply spinning wheels wildly or trying to rely on driver aids (if you can turn your traction control off in the snow and ice as it can't cope with it and will hinder more thna help, unless it has a snow and ice setting.

i admit my tyres aren't all that suitable, they are toyo t1r's,, which are great in the wet, dry, warm and ok in the cold, but give them snow and the pattern is not ideal, but as soon as there is a sniff of snow in the air i'll try to get out somewhere quiet and practice - a bit of air out of the tyres and a sensible head should be enough to combat most of what we get in the UK, unless you live in the highlands or the middle of nowhere (in which case your likely to have a 4wd anyway) more tyres are an unecessary expense IMO, i certainly couldn't afford them atm, although if we get 2 or 3 proper snow events a year then maybe i'll change
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    You Brits at least will have the discussion. I cant count the number of US states that see a couple of snow/ice storms a year where everything stops dead when winter hits....

There is a joke about the redneck snow removal system. Pray for a sunny day and 6 hours ......and in places like Georgia and most of the Carolinas and Tenneseee that is true...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Drove through some very light snow and slush today and the Potenza's on the 500 haven't been too bad but still not the most confidence inspiring experience.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Drove through some very light snow and slush today and the Potenza's on the 500 haven't been too bad but still not the most confidence inspiring experience.
    I had Potenza's on my old Rx-7. Worst tires I ever had in the rain or snow.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I had Potenza's on my old Rx-7. Worst tires I ever had in the rain or snow.....
    Well 2 weeks later and here we are, more snow and more cars either crawling along, stuck or abandoned. Someone in a BMW almost came down the road backwards in only half an inch of snow and then about half an hour later with another half an inch on top someone in a FWD car DID come down backwards and almost hit our Fiat.