Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Saab-rumours

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So Anders wanted to prove them wrong and built one himself.. To bad the budget was a bit too small.. But mr. Eklund sure made it fly later on..
    Never give up...

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Eric and saab

rally photo,s_0006.jpg
    Brilliant man Eric,used to walk round when we were servicing,in the 70/80s and always stopped for a chat
    this guy also could make a 96 go,as could his team mate Per Ekland

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]There is no suitable car for building S2000 in Saab's portfolio.
    9x concept! GM was trying to sell it by itself before Spiker came along. The word is its been ready to go but GM wouldn't give the funding to put it into production.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodeye
    I agree 100 %. GM, job well done. Only morons like the ones in GM manage to kill such as great brand. I never got to own a Saab and now I never will get one.
    The fact that GM got Saab to turn a profit in 2007 for the first time since long before they ever considered buying the brand would argue otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    It's about time they closed down GM themselves, they've already lost something like $1.5bn since "emerging from bankrupcy"
    I couldn't agree more, no room in the world for government made cars. The good news is Saab might not go down with them. Word from U.S. news papers is that Spiker will take over the Saab brand for the bargain price of $76M but GM will retain $366M in common stock options. I'm trying to remain optimistic and hopeful for Saab! I'll get mine on the rally stages one day!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru
    9x concept! GM was trying to sell it by itself before Spiker came along. The word is its been ready to go but GM wouldn't give the funding to put it into production.

The fact that GM got Saab to turn a profit in 2007 for the first time since long before they ever considered buying the brand would argue otherwise.

I couldn't agree more, no room in the world for government made cars. The good news is Saab might not go down with them. Word from U.S. news papers is that Spiker will take over the Saab brand for the bargain price of $76M but GM will retain $366M in common stock options. I'm trying to remain optimistic and hopeful for Saab! I'll get mine on the rally stages one day!
    Face it, they're dead. Spyker have NEVER turned a profit and over the last 2 years have sold 60 odd cars.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Face it, they're dead. Spyker have NEVER turned a profit and over the last 2 years have sold 60 odd cars.....
    Yes they´re dead before they start. Spyker said on TV that them wants to build cars in the same class as BMW and Audi!
    If they cannot pay the European loan back in time the Swedish government must pay back that with tax money!
    Tax money of the Swedish population!
    I do not believe that Saab continue exist in Sweden with Spyker, the production can disappear also to the Netherlands or somewhere else!
    How can the Swedish government trust a company which is present already deeply in the debts?
    Then we not yet talk concerning deceiving the Dutch state with the accountancy of Spyker! Or the formula 1 team which he bought and had to sell after 1 year to pay the debts of Spyker.
    GM had already taken the correct decision to let disappear Saab.
    Of course to see Saab disappearing it not nice, but the financial drama will be continued!
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 1,786 Times in 422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Yes they´re dead before they start. Spyker said on TV that them wants to build cars in the same class as BMW and Audi!
    If they cannot pay the European loan back in time the Swedish government must pay back that with tax money!
    Tax money of the Swedish population!
    I do not believe that Saab continue exist in Sweden with Spyker, the production can disappear also to the Netherlands or somewhere else!
    How can the Swedish government trust a company which is present already deeply in the debts?
    Then we not yet talk concerning deceiving the Dutch state with the accountancy of Spyker! Or the formula 1 team which he bought and had to sell after 1 year to pay the debts of Spyker.
    GM had already taken the correct decision to let disappear Saab.
    Of course to see Saab disappearing it not nice, but the financial drama will be continued!
    I just read that quite a big share of that deal was also backed by Abu Dhabi
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Agree, it takes years and huge amounts of money to build a image that Saab for sure dont have now, better if they would take a few steps back and build good reliable cars that works well even when its a little colder outside, bad also if they move the production away from Sweden, built in Sweden stands for quality.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru

I couldn't agree more, no room in the world for government made cars.
    Then Saab is dead aswell, as there is swedish government who is backing up this.
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert

Liked 20 Times in 9 Posts

Volume seller

To many will like to become Merc and BMW.Audi managed to, but not many others.
    SAAB need at least one smaller and cheaper car to be their volume seller, or they will never make money.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koppomsbo
    Then Saab is dead aswell, as there is swedish government who is backing up this.
    I thought they where only insuring the loan.