Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macd
    At the moment the way I see it is the WRC need to break off from the FIA like F1 threatened to do. The FIA seem to be changing rules and holding the sport back for no reason that I can see. And sure they may want to cut costs but if the teams want to spend huge sums of money, then why not let them? The fia has gotten out of touch with what fans and drivers want from this sport. /rant over
    Can't say I necessarily agree. While I admit a lot of the changes have taken the sport backwards, cutting costs is necessary to ensure the WRC stays viable for manufacturers. Otherwise current teams spend money others aren't prepared to. Then when they get tired of beating themselves the WRC is left with literally nothing. Hopefully in the longterm (in 2015 say) we will have a thriving championship again and when more teams are committed then they can be allowed to turn on the development taps. Not when there are just two.

The FIA is at least trying to reverse out of this blind alley that is the current WRC car. You also mention F1. If the FIA had not stepped in with the cost cutting measures and simply left it to the manufacturers there would only be a small handful of teams left. As it is the grid is as full as ever.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 20 Times in 9 Posts
    Give Hankook a chance, we need more companies that have know-how on top level motorsport !