Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2010 regs have Audi R15 illegal!!! same for Peugeot?

http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/

this can't be good at all.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The Peugeot is legal. The Audi isn't. Audi can compete if Peugeot agrees (at least with this nose) but wont. So we have the irony of a car maker who doesn't sell cars in America keeping one that does from competing in one of America's most prestigious road races. Audi are idiots to let this happen.....but I don't blame Peugeot. Either make the car legal or don't show....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Audi was too much self-confident when they presented the R15 for the first time...so they didn't race a lot(was an error with a complete new car)and took a certain lateness for the developpment of it

Hope all will be 90% sorted out for Le Mans 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    The Peugeot is legal. The Audi isn't. Audi can compete if Peugeot agrees (at least with this nose) but wont. So we have the irony of a car maker who doesn't sell cars in America keeping one that does from competing in one of America's most prestigious road races. Audi are idiots to let this happen.....but I don't blame Peugeot. Either make the car legal or don't show....

Audi is still going to Sebring but only to test, its kinda sad this fight is still going on.

but Audi are still confirmed for all the other races and not Sebring??? which still doesn't make much sense unless Audi know they won't have the car ready in time for Peugeot approval, which I don't get because the Peugeot was still the superior car last year, in the dry, no one can really match the Peugeots
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Audi is still going to Sebring but only to test, its kinda sad this fight is still going on.

but Audi are still confirmed for all the other races and not Sebring??? which still doesn't make much sense unless Audi know they won't have the car ready in time for Peugeot approval, which I don't get because the Peugeot was still the superior car last year, in the dry, no one can really match the Peugeots
    I don't know If Audi is running any of the other ALMS events, but it is pointless to skip Sebring and then run one of the others. This sort of nonsense is why Sportscar racing isn't where it should be...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I don't know If Audi is running any of the other ALMS events, but it is pointless to skip Sebring and then run one of the others. This sort of nonsense is why Sportscar racing isn't where it should be...
    they will only run at Petit this year again in ALMS sadly.

but Peugeot has protested the Audi, so they can't run Sebring until thats sorted out.

Peugeot also dropped their plans most likely for a return trip to Petit and will not do the Intercontinental Cup. This little war with Peugeot and Audi are really hurting the sport right now

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    they will only run at Petit this year again in ALMS sadly.

but Peugeot has protested the Audi, so they can't run Sebring until thats sorted out.

Peugeot also dropped their plans most likely for a return trip to Petit and will not do the Intercontinental Cup. This little war with Peugeot and Audi are really hurting the sport right now
    The problem is that the ACO is to weak. Why do they exist if it's up to the competitors to decide what is legal and what is not. :\

Also interesting to see that the regulation changes have the least impact on Peugeot.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was under the impression that Audi knew the R15 was not legal for Sebring under the 2010 rules, and asked their major competitors if they would 'allow' them to run as they would not have a fully legal car ready in time.

Peugeot said no, the cars had to be run completely legal, which sadly means Audi won't be going to Sebring.

I can see both sides of the argument - yes everyone should be playing to the same rules, but a race including both the big diesel teams would surely attract more publicity, media exposure and help the series....

I don't believe the ACO is weak, they've set the rules, allowed a team to deviate if all the others agree (Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Apologies if I have)