Thread: Wrc 2020

Hybrid View

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts

Wrc 2020

As the decade of the 200Xs draw to a close, it is time to bring out the crystal ball and consider what the WRC scene might look like in ten years time.
    I will leave personalities out of my post.
    WRC car - 800cc turbo biofuel/ petrol blend internal combustion engine/ electric hybrid. The car must use within 15 percent of the manufacturer's base cars fuel economy.

Electro-2020 - all electric cars that are recharged at the official FIA powerpoint during service so all the charge delivered is officially recorded. Class winner is the lowest time and additional points on charge use data.

Diesel - The junior drivers use small diesel powered cars. Drivers are given the choice to nominate mineral or biodiesel before each round of the junior series.

Experimental - class where builder's can real world trial, no points, tough safety check only. www.shepherdengine.com etc can be run Sort of like the French Mille Pistes ? where prototypes ran.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    funny thread, any thoughts almost 6 years later? anyone?

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    There will still be a WRC, but it will probably be even more dumbed down....

15-20 two day events.... Though I hope I'm wrong.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Well considering how slow they are in changements and the lack of a long term plan, I think it won't be too much different from now actually.

5. Likes: vino_93 (24th October 2015)