Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari in WRC?

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Question Ferrari in WRC?

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with this. How many FIA world championship rounds have Ferrari participated in?

I know they did enter Rally Sanremo 1983, but did they enter any other events?
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Hi all,

Can anyone help me with this. How many FIA world championship rounds have Ferrari participated in?

I know they did enter Rally Sanremo 1983, but did they enter any other events?
    Jean-Claude Andruet drove the Tour de Corse in 1981 and 1982 and Monte Carlo also in 1982 with a Ferrari. Two retirements, one second place at TdC '82. The 308 GTB was entered by Charles Pozzi, the French Ferrari importer at the time, so no works car whatsoever.

There was also a 308 present at the 1985 San Remo Rally, with a local driver behind the wheel.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ferrari also did some other events, but I can't say if they count on what you asking. The Lancia Stratos was powered by a Ferrari engine... There would be more events where Ferrari took part of considering that factor.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Ferrari in WRC?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    togana/del antonil drove a 308 gtb on the 1982 Sane Remo, and i believe that years Italian championship.along with "tony" also Antonia Zanini used one in 1984 on the spaninsh champoinship, and Tabataton, but as yet i dont know if they used them on any WRC rounds, i love the ferrari 308 , Nigel Worswick, brought his 1984 ERC car to Goodwood this year

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    I read that although the 308's weren't works Ferrari's, they did get a bit of backdoor assistance on the cars from Ferrari.

Looked like in that era there were all sorts of development directions for teams. Am I right in thinking there was supposed to be a Group B 'Race' series but it got canned. So many projects got stillborn in that era it was crazy.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    I read that although the 308's weren't works Ferrari's, they did get a bit of backdoor assistance on the cars from Ferrari.
    I thought that Ferrari used the 308 GTB and their never raced Indy500 car as tools towards FISA to increase their influence.

PS: Thanks to all for their answers
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi

Looked like in that era there were all sorts of development directions for teams. Am I right in thinking there was supposed to be a Group B 'Race' series but it got canned. So many projects got stillborn in that era it was crazy.
    Yes, in fact that's why the 288 GTO was developed. Not for Group B rallying but for Group B racing, likewise the Porsche 959, although they of course had a rally varient, and a succesful one at that.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Today:
    Michelotto made 308 GTB's are sold for 1/2 to 3/4 million EURO !

o_o;