There's not a great deal going on on the forum so I thought I would try come up with something to talk about over the off season.

I came up with the iconic backdrops of rallying. Each rally has a corner or a jump that is unique to that rally. A spot you see and you know instantly what rally you are on. Probably the most obvious example being the Col du Turini on the Monte. Finland has the huge jump on Ouninpohja, and also for me the sequence of jumps in Ruuhimaki also make me instantly think of Finland.

There's the big spectator hairpin in El Priorat in Catalunya. Colin's Crest in Sweden. The crazy Monte Lerno jump in Sardinia. Then you have modern ones which aren't so great like the Walters Arena on Wales GB. These are the places the photographers/tv crews flock to - for better or worse.

I was just wondering what people's favourites were?
Have you ever spectated at these 'iconic' spots?

There are loads when you think about it. And with the WRC coming under a lot of criticism for dumping traditional events or moving - there are a lot of great spots that have been lost. The Fafe jumps spring to mind in Portugal. There are plenty to remember fondly. For me Chatsworth watersplash is a reminder of the goodtimes from the RAC.

There are also plenty of places I know and dont know the name of. When were they last used etc. One that springs to mind is in Portugal - a tarmac run up to a hairpin right onto gravel which always had thousands of spectators on the hillside.

Just thought it might be something to talk about...