Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

I'm throwing down the gauntlet

OK!! just to start the ball rolling: Who is willing to bet his sig with me? Mark Webber against Bunsen? . I back Mark and whoever is ahead after 4 races can determine the sig for the next 4 races for all who take this bet on.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    This is the first time, in my memory, that two British WDC winners have driven for the same team. 2010 will be an interesting year, that's for sure. I have read this thread through and find some of the comments bizarre, others biased (against poor Bunsen) and a few complimentary. I will be cheering for Bunsen against Hamilton purely on the basis that I don't like Hamilton's character.
    1967 - Clark and Hill. But neither was the reigning champion that year. And Jenson may find he occupies Hill's role - #1B instead of equal #1.

Am I the only one scratching my head now? Brawn won both championships, got big money to guarantee the team's future, and then ends up hunting for a driver in the spare parts market. (If they can persuade him, Kimi is a very good spare part.) That is unusual - the closest I can remember is when Lauda walked out on Ferrari at the end of 1977, but he had reasons that Button does not. Who did Ross tick off?

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkFan
    1967 - Clark and Hill.
    ClarkFan
    My memory has failed me.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    My memory has failed me.
    Well, you don't have my Jim Clark obsession. You are forgiven.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Well, you don't have my Jim Clark obsession. You are forgiven.

ClarkFan
    Actually, Jimmy was my favourite and after he had that accident, I stopped reading anything about F1 and literally blotted out several years of F1 from my memory. I still don't remember much about F1 when he was driving. This is the honest truth.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    1967 - Clark and Hill. But neither was the reigning champion that year. And Jenson may find he occupies Hill's role - #1B instead of equal #1.

Am I the only one scratching my head now? Brawn won both championships, got big money to guarantee the team's future, and then ends up hunting for a driver in the spare parts market. (If they can persuade him, Kimi is a very good spare part.) That is unusual - the closest I can remember is when Lauda walked out on Ferrari at the end of 1977, but he had reasons that Button does not. Who did Ross tick off?

ClarkFan
    I mean no disrespect to Jenson or his fans. But on equal money (or slightly more), I'd probably take a motivated Raikkonen over Button. But for two or three times the amount, no, Kimi just isn't THAT good. And his motivation seemingly changes the way many change their underwear.

If Mercedes ends up with Rosberg after this, perhaps they see him as having as much potential for success as Button. Plus, they'll have their German, if not two.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I mean no disrespect to Jenson or his fans. But on equal money (or slightly more), I'd probably take a motivated Raikkonen over Button. But for two or three times the amount, no, Kimi just isn't THAT good. And his motivation seemingly changes the way many change their underwear.

If Mercedes ends up with Rosberg after this, perhaps they see him as having as much potential for success as Button. Plus, they'll have their German, if not two.
    I think this has everybody baffled. There are several questions we'd all like answered:
    1. Why or how did it come about that Bunsen left Brawn.
    2. Why McLaren chose Bunsen over Kimi
    3. Which drivers will be confirmed at Mercedes Benz, and why these drivers were selected over Bunsen, and probably over Kimi also.

We seem to be going over these questions again and again in several threads and apart from a lot of conjecture, nobody seems to be able to get definite answers.

OK! here's Fry's explanation but we are still none the wiser yet! http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80207

Fry: "In this situation, we don't understand the logic of the decision and I think Jenson is going to have to up his game if he's going to beat Lewis on home territory."

BUT apart from anything else, one thing we can be absolutely certain is that Bunsen has a helluva lot more hair than Lewis Hamilton: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80202

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    You guys do not get Jenson fans. We support Jenson because we like who he is, his driving style and that he always gives his best.

Is he better than Hamilton? Who cares? The object is to win the championship. Today Jenson IS recognized as the best in the WORLD because he is world champion [and Jense supporters are happy as can be] - he did the business and won in a way at least the last two champions could not.

He could do it again, he may, he may not - but as long as he does as he always has and does his best, we will never be disappointed and always cheer for him.

Good luck Jense on being selected to driver for Mclaren and not remaining in your comfort zone, but taking on what is probably the most difficult task in racing today, beating Hamilton as his teammate :-]]]
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    With Mercedes-Benz taking Brawn over it becomes an auto-manufacturer teams.

As we all know Jenson spent TOO MANY seasons with such a team.

Realizing that MB was heading for a takeover, he could have wondered just how long MB would control themselves as far as management of the racing team is concerned, clashing with Ross.........

This MUST have alarmed Jenson and as he had "been there, done that and got the goddamn t-shirt" - Mclaren was the dream opportunity.

Auto manufacturer and a team that failed to rectify handling problems for him in 2009 or the greatest constructor team in history with the ability to re-engineer a car from a several seconds behind on the grid to a race winner in a few months!

Mclaren it HAD to be for Jenson.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Saint, what about the fact that the McLaren will be developed for Lewis' draving style, what will Jenson do when the car does not suit him?