Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will be there some special stages in live on Motors Tv for the sweden rally?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I doubt it
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Let's face it, the audience would be about seven people — despite the fact that, in my view, this is by far the most potentially interesting WRC season for some time.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Let's face it, the audience would be about seven people — despite the fact that, in my view, this is by far the most potentially interesting WRC season for some time.
    I think you're wrong - I heard it would be 9, but a few dogs as well.......

I do agree that at the moment, it could potentially be an exciting season. It's just that when the first stage in Sweden starts, we'll be following it by internet/Rally Radio - and not one stage will be live, and seems like a famine compared to the Monte feast.

One final thought about the calendar which was raised in last weeks MNews; there will be 9 clashes between F1/WRC - How is that in the WRC's interest? Thanks very much FiA. 99% of the Motorsport journalists will be at F1, the WRC won't get a look in.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Closed the (terrible, horrific) "Richards Age", North One Sport is working on some projects about live stages from 2011 in every rally.

(source Italiaracing.net magazine)

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Motorsport News interviewed MotorsTV's head of programming this week and he talks about the direction Motors will take with their new show.

The artcle says Frederic Viger has "innovative ideas" about how to present the rally. The only idea I saw was his complete fetish with onboards. He says "the focus for us will be onboard cameras - so fans can pretend they are driving the cars".

He goes on to say they already have the intro to their first show sorted out. Graphics of the stages, an interview with Seb and then straight into about eight minutes of onboard footage of Loeb. I kid you not that is his plan.

He is directly quoted as saying "On-board is really what people want to see."

The show is for hardcore rally fans but come on! Who is this imaginery mass of people who want on-board footage? I know we have a few real onboard fans on the forum but surely the average fan would like them to use their 45mins to expand on the stories of the day, show the S-WRC etc and not just focus on the leading 4 drivers as has been the case for the past few years.

How about just bog standard shots of the cars going round corners! What ever happened to that? Not cameras mounted in the dirt, not cameras angled against a mirror to see a reflection of a passing car. Don't zoom in on the left rear wheel as the car goes round a corner! Just go back to basics.

With each of these cameras they could have more action shots instead of completely wasting them on some arty bollocks. Is it so difficult to just collect and air raw footage of cars in stages?

I'm going to wait until the first show to make a better judgement but to me Motors are making all the wrong noises. What does anyone else think about the onboards? Was I washing my hair when it got decided they were suddenly the best part of rally coverage?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    Motorsport News interviewed MotorsTV's head of programming this week and he talks about the direction Motors will take with their new show.

The artcle says Frederic Viger has "innovative ideas" about how to present the rally. The only idea I saw was his complete fetish with onboards. He says "the focus for us will be onboard cameras - so fans can pretend they are driving the cars".

He goes on to say they already have the intro to their first show sorted out. Graphics of the stages, an interview with Seb and then straight into about eight minutes of onboard footage of Loeb. I kid you not that is his plan.

He is directly quoted as saying "On-board is really what people want to see."

The show is for hardcore rally fans but come on! Who is this imaginery mass of people who want on-board footage? I know we have a few real onboard fans on the forum but surely the average fan would like them to use their 45mins to expand on the stories of the day, show the S-WRC etc and not just focus on the leading 4 drivers as has been the case for the past few years.

How about just bog standard shots of the cars going round corners! What ever happened to that? Not cameras mounted in the dirt, not cameras angled against a mirror to see a reflection of a passing car. Don't zoom in on the left rear wheel as the car goes round a corner! Just go back to basics.

With each of these cameras they could have more action shots instead of completely wasting them on some arty bollocks. Is it so difficult to just collect and air raw footage of cars in stages?

I'm going to wait until the first show to make a better judgement but to me Motors are making all the wrong noises. What does anyone else think about the onboards? Was I washing my hair when it got decided they were suddenly the best part of rally coverage?
    When on-board is a live, then it is a good thing:-) Otherwise, too much is boring for sure.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    When on-board is a live, then it is a good thing:-) Otherwise, too much is boring for sure.
    To waste 15-20mins of a 45min show is unforgivable if that's what they think they will do. The remaining time will be enough to churn out the same tired coverage Eurosport were being handed.

I agree when live there is always the surprise element with onboards. Us fans will know whether anything has happened. I was so annoyed I fired off a letter to Motorsport news.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Will there be no Dave coverage at all?
    I hope thy don't waste time with many onboards.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Will there be no Dave coverage at all?
    I hope thy don't waste time with many onboards.
    There will be Dave highlights. Not wasting time with crap "celebs" either... interesting chat about it here: http://bit.ly/cmOitO chopper-cam is back!?