Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts

RWD Cars to run spec 1st gear

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80135

I can understand why they have done it but it seems a bit harsh IMO and it takes a bit of a variable out of the race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If it attracts a few more FWD cars into the series then I guess it could be a good thing,

TOCA are good at this equalisation thing just look at the weights issue, BTCC have it spot on whereas the FIA have it round their neck, so I hope we can say it not be an issue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamM
    If it attracts a few more FWD cars into the series then I guess it could be a good thing,
    Why do you say that? No manufacturers are making new cars to race!!!! When will people understand teams can only use the cars that are avaliable?

Except that the BTCC don't want BMW's in their championship!

The bit I don't understand. They have penalised BMW because of their better starts.... but how many wins did they get in the last TWELVE races??? TWO!
    And how many pole positions in the last TWELVE races???? NONE!

Someone please tell me what advantage BMW are getting with their better starts????

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I meant that it might encourage more teams to think about joining with a FWD car if the 'advantage' RWD cars have over them is taken away, not necessarily manufacturers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamM
    I meant that it might encourage more teams to think about joining with a FWD car if the 'advantage' RWD cars have over them is taken away, not necessarily manufacturers
    Yes, I understand that... but WHAT FWD cars are avaliable??

Top of the list..
    Chevrolet? SO expensive, a drive in the RML car in 2009 was cheaper than at Tempus!
    SEAT? As Liam McMilan found out, if you are not running at the front SEAT don't wont to know you and almost prevent you from racing!
    Vauxhall Vectra? Again they will take a lot of money to run. And with 888 closing down, where are you going to get support from?
    Honda Civic? There may be a chance to get a Civic from TD. But even they were struggling to get the car to work in 2009. Now they have Matt back, most of their time will be taken up by developing the car?

Come on, help me out here. I can't find a S2000 spec FWD car suitable for a team starting out in the BTCC?

To sum up, yes there are some FWD cars around, you just need a win on the euro lottery to fund them!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't really understand this back-door anti-rwd campaign that BTCC have. The cars are based on production saloons. If a car comes out of the factory with FWD, RWD, 4WD, or a hamster in a giant wheel, the that's how it should be raced. Making RWD less competitive won't do anything except force the bigger teams to spend more money trying to get around it, and the smaller teams into other series such as Britcar where they can run competitively.
    "Inside every fat person is a thin person dying for some chocolate."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tisme
    Yes, I understand that... but WHAT FWD cars are avaliable??

Top of the list..
    Chevrolet? SO expensive, a drive in the RML car in 2009 was cheaper than at Tempus!
    SEAT? As Liam McMilan found out, if you are not running at the front SEAT don't wont to know you and almost prevent you from racing!
    Vauxhall Vectra? Again they will take a lot of money to run. And with 888 closing down, where are you going to get support from?
    Honda Civic? There may be a chance to get a Civic from TD. But even they were struggling to get the car to work in 2009. Now they have Matt back, most of their time will be taken up by developing the car?

Come on, help me out here. I can't find a S2000 spec FWD car suitable for a team starting out in the BTCC?

To sum up, yes there are some FWD cars around, you just need a win on the euro lottery to fund them!
    Alfa 156? They are still very good cars, N Technology proved it in the WTCC, just need a team that can get a handle on the Dunlops.
    Honda Accord? JTs performance says it all

Outside bet - LADA Priora

I'll exclude the C30 cos unless Volvo bring some, I can imagine they will be the most expensive thing out there

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Peugeot 407 and Audi A4?

It does seem ToCa dont like BMW! Its there only advantage and they have many disadvantages compared to FWD. Just look when it rains or when they are 'tapped' from the rear, no chance.....

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    It does make you wonder if they are going to slowly try and force them out to make it easier for when the NGT rules come in...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This BMW issue is by no means new. If anyone who was following the BTCC in the mid 90s can remember we had Colin Gallie in the BMW in 1997 who had to run a load of extra weight because he drove a RWD car.