Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is not possible

So, I saw this song on TV, absolute utter crap, some B grade lyrics with bimbos shakin it. The death of poetry and lyrics which don't make any sense (1, 2, 3, 4, uno, dos, trei, quattro, I know you want me, you know I wantcha)

So, I thought oh well, this is gonna fail miserably.

But surprise, surprise! This was one of the most popular songs of 2009, and number two on Billboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tMV96xULk

Whatever happened to music?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the song ain't half bad

*runs*

trust me i've heard worse
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    It's pretty rancid. Although the Pussycat Dolls are much, much worse. No talent whatsoever, and even harder to listen to.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    The worst one for me at the minute is Black Eyed Peas, the one with the genius lyrics;

Fill up my cup (Drink)
    Mazel tov (l'chaim)
    Look at her dancing (Move it Move it)
    Just take it off
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    Personally, I think Beethoven is the root of the problem.

Beethoven was the first Romantic in our understanding of the word today. Before then, music wasn't so much about the tortured composer but had more an emphasis on charm and sociability. Well, that's a generalisation. But people we consider great, if old and a tad obscure composers today - Handel and Mozart, for instance, and even Sweelinck - performed in public. Handel, at least, drew large crowds - I can't quite remember offhand about Mozart and Sweelinck, though I know Sweelinck was employed to entertain the public in addition to his job as church organist.

Beethoven, on the other hand, started being all emo and a law unto himself - see the Pathetique, for example ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL0u9QXNvEg ) and contrast it to, say, Est-ce mars by Sweelinck, which is a set of variations on a folk song of the day ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeYIL...eature=related ).

Now, the trouble is that people like Wagner and Liszt liked this, and started following the example of the music being more about the tortured imaginings of the composer rather than on what their audiences wanted to listen to. And yet audiences liked it, at least for a while. They started to get turned off when the likes of Schoenberg came along and turned contemporary classical music into a minority interest sport practiced only by those who enjoy punishing themselves slightly or a lot, depending on the work and the composer. John Cage and Buddy Holly lived in a similar time period. Who's the more popular? Who's music has the more universal appeal - the composer of 4'33", or the singer of Rave On?

Yeah, I've got an exam on music history this weekend. But perhaps that wasn't the answer you wanted? I think possibly you're taking offense at music not aimed at a person of your sensibilities. There would seem to be a great deal of people who don't want music written with variety and depth, nor lyrics that mean a great deal, as long as it's easy to dance to and good-looking people sing it or at least lip-sync.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would say the day that never comes by metallica ( the new album had pretty meaningless lyrics )

you pull away.he hits the flesh,you hit the ground

that and the grindcore / deathcore metal bands that seem to be a dime a dozen nowadays

ever heard of a song length of 1 seconds...check Napalm Death
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i've probably heard that song a million times, its not one of my favorites of the year, but the video is pretty good
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    So, I saw this song on TV, absolute utter crap, some B grade lyrics with bimbos shakin it. The death of poetry and lyrics which don't make any sense (1, 2, 3, 4, uno, dos, trei, quattro, I know you want me, you know I wantcha)

So, I thought oh well, this is gonna fail miserably.

But surprise, surprise! This was one of the most popular songs of 2009, and number two on Billboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tMV96xULk

PitBull's best work was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2N7POlWaEE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a club song It's meant to be simple and catchy...
    ''If your in control, your not going fast enough''

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raikk
    It's a club song It's meant to be simple and catchy...

P.S: How's the karting going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    The worst one for me at the minute is Black Eyed Peas, the one with the genius lyrics;

Fill up my cup (Drink)
    Mazel tov (l'chaim)
    Look at her dancing (Move it Move it)
    Just take it off
    I think this beats that:

Mami got an a$$ like a donkey, with a monkey,
    look like King Kong, welcome to the crib,
    305 thats what it is, where the woman down are the s*** .
    They dont play games, they up the chain, and they love to do everythang and anythang, hit tha thang and they love it gettin' it in, gettin' on,
    all night long