Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Who is responsbile for the current state of the IRL's fate?

After some thought, and a nice note from Starter, here we go. Scott, I am going to point out to you that you are out on your own little island I suspect.
    So here is the poll:

With the understanding that no one is totally at fault for the current state of AOW, what do you think is the biggest cause of the current condition?

Car Owners?

The Economy?

Tony George?

If Starter wants to show me how to make the poll official up there, I would appreciate it, but I will let this play out regardless before registaring my thoughts.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Which state are you referring to? That the series has title sponsor for the first time in years? A stable, diverse schedule? 24 cars starting in what is a horrible economy? A paying 10 year TV deal? Danica Patrick? That the Indy 500 is still the most attended one day sporting event of any kind in the US? An exciting new race in a new country?

Just want to understand what I'm responding to.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dude is funny
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This can come to no good end. Mark, cut your losses now and ask Starter to just delete the thread. I know you intentions are good, but there is no way this will ever be a civil discussion.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll bite:

1. The economy

TG and the car owners didn't help - but if the economy was bustling all would be reasonably well... Money makes the racing tire turn.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Given that Carl Fisher built the Speedway in Indiana, It is his fault that the IRL is in Indiana.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    I'll bite:

1. The economy

TG and the car owners didn't help - but if the economy was bustling all would be reasonably well... Money makes the racing tire turn.....
    24 cars is not at all bad. I don't think there would be more in a better economy. The economy is not responsible for .24 ratings.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    24 cars is not at all bad. I don't think there would be more in a better economy. The economy is not responsible for .24 ratings.
    Let's see if 24 is full time for the entire season. And I agree, the economy is not responsible for the ratings. That's a result of the product and the tv package.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    True, but with a better economy the teams would be more stable, drivers would be paid and promoted better, sponsorship would be available to promote.... Obviously all of these things go hand in hand - but if the economy were better the errors of TG and the car owners etc. would not matter quite so much...

I also think a better economy would have seen a new car hitting the track by now and perhaps some of the manufacturers that are sitting on the sidelines would jump in on the new engine....

So, i do not want to downplay all of the other factors that got us to this point, but realistically if the economy had not tanked right after the "re-unification" I think everything (including ratings) would be better right now...

Also, I do not want to downplay the progress that appears to have been made - 24 cars, a series sponsor etc. - these are good thing - far better than I expected a month or two ago.....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    I'll bite:

1. The economy

The IRL has been sliding since it's creation so you can't blame the economy.