Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts

Please come back Toyota/TTE!!

I know Toyota pulled the plug on F1 due to "the current economic situation". But they wouldn't be feeling the pinch so hard if they didn't have a complete failure of an F1 Team.

In a bit of what I assume was their press release Toyota say:

"In motorsports, [Toyota] will not only race in various categories, but will also actively contribute to further development of motorsports by supporting grassroots races and planning events in which it is easy for people to participate."

So if they want some success for their dollars then surely they should go back to what they were actually good at. And in the process bring one of the power teams back to the WRC. I'm sure it would cost around a quarter of their F1 budget - if that.

Obviously the FIA needs to stop sitting on their hands and get the regs in place for the next few years. But surely it is a good thing this rule change will coincide with a major manufacturer becoming available.

Thoughts? Might they prefer to go back to Le Mans? Or both? Or neither...
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    I know Toyota pulled the plug on F1 due to "the current economic situation". But they wouldn't be feeling the pinch so hard if they didn't have a complete failure of an F1 Team.

"In motorsports, [Toyota] will not only race in various categories, but will also actively contribute to further development of motorsports by supporting grassroots races and planning events in which it is easy for people to participate."

So if they want some success for their dollars then surely they should go back to what they were actually good at. And in the process bring one of the power teams back to the WRC. I'm sure it would cost around a quarter of their F1 budget - if that.

Obviously the FIA needs to stop sitting on their hands and get the regs in place for the next few years. But surely it is a good thing this rule change will coincide with a major manufacturer becoming available.

Based on the current state of the WRC I wouldn;t bet for a return from Toyota. Also consider the closure, sorry the change of direction of the Toyota in Africa, the first to prepare an S2000 as well as the Australia thing with the s2000 as well as......

As much as I write about it the slimmer the chances for a return

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi

Autosport also wrote that Renault is currently having meeting where they are discussing about the possibility to follow Toyota. Not very likely, but still possibility. That would leave F1 to the same level in terms of Manufacturers, that means only two Manufacturers.
    And going to WRC might be quite a good opportunity. If the new regulations will be applied for 2011 then I think that Manu team can be quite competitive with even 1/5th or even 1/6th of Toyota´s current F1 budget.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Rally is more affordable so why not!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Based on the current state of the WRC I wouldn;t bet for a return from Toyota. Also consider the closure, sorry the change of direction of the Toyota in Africa, the first to prepare an S2000 as well as the Australia thing with the s2000 as well as......

As much as I write about it the slimmer the chances for a return
    True it is not a positive that those operations have closed down. But a full works WRC bid would not require the use of these facilities, nor I doubt the manpower.

It would also be an updated/new version of any existing car. But as you say still not very positive.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keep on dreaming, Toyota says that they only want to be occupy with ' core business' , thats building cars.
    Here does nobody have visibility on what´s happening in the world with the future of the economy!
    But be certain that there is still more bad news to come and more rapidly than you all think.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Keep on dreaming, Toyota says that they only want to be occupy with ' core business' , thats building cars.
    Here does nobody have visibility on what´s happening in the world with the future of the economy!
    But be certain that there is still more bad news to come and more rapidly than you all think.
    Well, I didn't think that it was bad news that Toyota pulled out from F1 :-) For sure they need to look where to expose their trademark. And it seems that in F1 they got only medicore or bad exposure.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Whereas in rallying they'll get very little exposure full stop thanks to the FIA and ISC.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

The car in front was never a Toyota. So it was pointless in selling cars. In rallying they could actually claim it to be true.

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Making cars is one thing - selling is one other.

Selling more cars is just to be participating in rallying in a worlwide series - like WRC or IRS.

Toyota should return to WRC and get the most payback for every invested yen.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...