Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After you've gone .....

.... what do you want doing with your body?

Also, what do you do with the body of a pet?

I ask because of two things. The first is Stephen Gately (hope I spelled him right!) and his dislike of being alone, leading his bandmates to spend the night with his body before the funeral. The second is my Hunter pony Sovereign died suddenly last weekend and I had no problem at all sending his body to the local maggot farm.

You see, it's nice that Ronan Keating, et al, wanted to be with their friend after his death. I respect that and am happy they knew him well enough to act with confidence in a way they knew he'd like. On the other hand, my horse had no idea about his mortality, so why should I buy a plot of land and bury him, or have him cremated? I repected him during our 12 or so years together - he had a damned good life and loads of fun - and I tried to save him at the end with the best care possible, so what's the problem? I had two other horses standing over a cooling body to think about, too. Their welfare was the first consideration.

Anyway, do you care about what happens to you after you've gone?
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sorry for your loss. Hazell. RIP Sovereign.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    .... what do you want doing with your body?
    Cremated, compressed into a diamond and then launched to space.

Also, what do you do with the body of a pet?
    Donate the organs for those in need. Seriously, I don't know, but I'd miss her.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sorry to hear about your pony

i've known a few fairly young people who have already got their funeral completly figured out, they already had already planned every from the location to the marker, and even the music to be played at the funeral,

i have never really under stood that becouse its like planning a party and your gonna be the only one there thats dead

i dont have any specioal wishes for my funeral or what happens to my body
    after i'm dead, if theres a heaven i hope i go there, but other than that, why should i care what happens after i'm dead?

if a loved one died, i would honor whatever wishes they had or try to give them the best funeral i could if they didn't have any specioal wishes

as far as pets, i've had a few dogs to die at the house i used to live at up until 3 years ago, me and my mom had a specioal place in the back corner of the yard where we barried them
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Cremated, compressed into a diamond and then launched to space.
    Forget the space race - I want that diamond! I'd set it into a nice Eki-shaped earstud (Course, then I'd have to kill somebody else to make the pair!)

Thanks for the RIP, but I wasn't looking for sympathy when I posted this thread. I'm okay with the pony's death, sudden and early as it was, because of the complete lack of regret about anything in our years together. He got ill and was gone within only a very few hours, I never knew him to be unhappy in my care and we only did the stuff he enjoyed when he was being ridden (Hunting, show jumping, cross country with zero schooling, dressage or boring stuff). He was reponsible for about 90% of the head injuries in my entire life, which some would envy him for
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I'd want to annoy people or play some kind of ironic music, like Beef who had the Jam doing Going Underground

Pets? Couldn't give a toss, the fish usually end up going over the hedge into the ditch by the school playing field
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Forget the space race -
    No can do. Without that, the Beatles reunited can't do their "Great Gig in the Sky" and play "Eki in the Sky with Diamonds". Or maybe they could launch you to space with those ear-rings?
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    As I'm a demi-god and therefore immortal I laugh in the face of death! :

Although should I choose to kick the bucket I want my hearse to get a speeding ticket as one I read of in my local paper! Brilliant!
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Burn me baby.
    Use the ashes as fertilizer. At least they will be of some use then.
    If not scatter them (illegally in Canada) at the Chute (turn 4) at Mosport.
    Oh, and the Hearse has to do Donuts! mokin:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm still undecided. I would hate to be burried and then my grave be forgotten and become unkempt. At the same time I'm not sure I'd want to be cremated or how I'd want my ashes to be scattered.

Last month we cycled up Black Coombe in the Lake District. On a good day from the summit you can see Snowdon, the Isle of Man, Scotland as well as bloody good view of Cumbria. At the top my other half had wanted to stand on the summit marker holding his bike above his head like we'd seen in a recent magazine article. To be fair I think it would have been impossible to get the cool picture anyway but the summit was full of tributes and cards that people had left for loved ones. We didn't actually want to move them to even attempt to get the picture. I read some of the cards and it seemed like the place was a favourite of those all these memorials were for but at the same time it kind of made me feel a bit depressed. I can see why they do it but for me you should take only memories and leave only footsteps. It all seemed a bit weird and wrong.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Sorry guys, I know it's supposed to be a sad thing but I can't stop laughing. Because I'd probably be buried on orthodox tradition that usually astonish foreigners. They can't understand that family and friends should stay by the coffin for 3 days, that the coffin is uncovered, that young unmarried dead girls are dressed as brides, that family pay professional mourners to cry / this custom is only on rural places), that you should untie the bonds of dead's feet and hands, that those who were close to the dead kiss the corpse at the end of the religious service, the custom to throw money at each crossroad of the cemetery, the after funeral meal, etc.