Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Can some technical brain on these forums (Mirek or OldF?) tell us how they need to write the rules to make modern turbo engines sound good?

I'm hoping that when the 1.6Ts break cover for the first time, things will be rather different but this test video seems to be the worst of both worlds - none of the fantastic turbo sounds of old but also revving much lower than the S2000 cars.

I think these "S1600T" rules have a lot of potential to deliver us a more exciting car but I hope they find a way to make the motors rev a bit higher and deliver slightly less torque at the bottom of the rev range.

The DS3 in the video handles too much like the current WRCars despite the simpler transmission.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Don't care about sound until there's not the right engine under bonnet
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]Don't care about sound until there's not the right engine under bonnet
    Ok, so are you confident that the 1.6T will be better than the current WRCs?

It's not only the sound I'm worried about since I think the engine characteristics also somewhat change the physics of the cars on the stages.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    No, I'm not confident about anything concerning new engines. I just don't want to judge one engine from different unit.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 20 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Can some technical brain on these forums (Mirek or OldF?) tell us how they need to write the rules to make modern turbo engines sound good?

I'm hoping that when the 1.6Ts break cover for the first time, things will be rather different but this test video seems to be the worst of both worlds - none of the fantastic turbo sounds of old but also revving much lower than the S2000 cars.

I think these "S1600T" rules have a lot of potential to deliver us a more exciting car but I hope they find a way to make the motors rev a bit higher and deliver slightly less torque at the bottom of the rev range.

The DS3 in the video handles too much like the current WRCars despite the simpler transmission.
    Reading all the back and fourth with FIA and producers, I think the late Colin McRae had a point with analogue cars and a S2500 engine that has much more torque than a S2000 !
    The most important thing is to make it so simple that the cost can be held down.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

Test de Loeb, Sordo et Meeke avec la DS3 WRC a Málaga http://www.flickr.com/photos/david-r...7623461789730/

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Man that car looks beautifull, first time we see it it's kinda hard to like, but when you get used to it it's such a beauty, just like the C4 WRC!!!!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    i don't care how it looks really...once the car is a winner most people don;t care about looks.