Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is you Fav?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kata89
    Adam Carroll

YES.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My favorite last year was Kazuki Nakajima because of his attacking style and he really impressed me with his pace in Silverstone, we should not forget that he was a rookie. I also like many other drivers though, especially Filippi, Glock and who doesn't like Bruno Senna? I also like Lapièrre, he has often been unlucky but also can make silly mistakes sometimes but when he has a good day he can be extremely fast.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    My favourite driver is Adam Carroll. A very fast and exciting driver to watch

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by William Hunt
    and who doesn't like Bruno Senna?
    Me His racing in F3 was questionable at times, let's put it that way..I just don't think he's that good, certainly not when compared to Glock who showed in one race that he deserves a place in F1. My current favourite this year is Adam Carroll, who I think has shown much better than his results suggest.

I'm hoping Marko Asmer gets in there soon too, before he gets forgotten about.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hope Asmer's in next year. I want Bruno Senna to win.
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    New season, new drivers. Don't have a clear favourite at the moment, but instead of this maybe a group of drivers I'd like to see doing well - Grosjean, Buemi, Chandhok, Valles.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was really impressed by Soucek at the end of last year and that Asia race that he did, which is why I'm a bit bummed that he's been dropped in favour of Rodriguez a few days before the race.
    I think that Grosjean has to be the favourite this year even if the cars are different and he hasn't been to all the tracks. Fillipi had some really really bad luck but ultimately he just wasn't as consistent in GP2 Asia. Senna's good but he doesn't have the experience of some of most of the other front-runners, so I doubt that he'll be a serious threat to the championship. I don't think he necessarily has to win to make it into F1 (Nakajima certainly didn't), but it would be horrible if he landed an F1 seat and did really badly.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After dominating GP2 Asia, Grosjean has to be a strong favourite for the title.

Senna, Petrov and Luca Filippi (despite his woeful Asian series; he's with ART for the main) will be up there for second along with the not-in-Asia Racing Engineering pair of Javier Villa and Giorgio Pantano. Although then again, the DAMS pair of Kobayashi and D'Ambrosio look good. And last year's WSbR top two Parente and Hanley. And Adrian Valles. Oh and Arden with Buemi and Buurman. And Chandhok for iSport. And Valsecchi for Durango was pretty consistent in Asia.

In short, I don't know!

Likewise Nikki, I'm annoyed about the dropping of Andy Soucek - who was very impressive towards the end of last year - in favour of Roldan Rodriguez. Not least because I set up the Pickems League yesterday!
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought that with the lineup being announced so quickly last year that there would be a little more stability in the lineup this year, but seemingly not! Still, at least we have Carroll and Soucek back (at least for one weekend), so probably a gain really.
    I feel a bit sorry for Bakkerud but he should really retire from open wheel. He'd obviously not over his back problems which made him look painfully slow (Fauzy, who himself had no GP2 points prior to Asia, made him look very silly), and now he's out injured again after leaving the last race on a stretcher after what seemed like a minor accident.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Favourite drivers?

I rate Soucek, - it's a real shame he hasn't got a decent drive. I'd love to see Parente do well - he was very quick in British F3 a few years back and won his debut race. Hasn't looked so great since then.

Petrov has a kind of raw aggression that impresses, and Pastor Maldonado is always worth watching for his sheer unpredictability!