Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nzrc 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Crunch I am very interested to read of this info you have on retrofitting HANS posts and as such have posted a PM to you with my email address, hopefully then I can get a computer geek mate to post a link here or something. As Stalks stated would think there is a lot of interest in it.
    How about the fact entrants licenses tripled in price!!! I would also be interested how many competitors who held onto their international license but didn't currently use it now revert back to a National?
    Also Crunch, you do know that the portfolio has been on the net since early December? Not sure what you were talking about it being due to come out any time now?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes Mal, it has been on the website.
    The ones that are being sent out this week are the hardcopies as I mentioned.
    They will go to previous registrants and others that have contacted the office for one.
    Have sent the email to the address you gave

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Crunchie ol boy!
    Thanks for the emailing the info, had a read and was very interesting, although one of the documents you sent through has an updated version on FIA site which now states that for non priority drivers in a WRC event (eg. RNZ) that anchorages (HANS posts) must be manufacturer fitted.
    For anyone interested, links to documents Crunch sent -these are large files!!

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... S_2007.pdf

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... system.pdf

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... dessin.pdf

I hope I have done the links correctly.
    The last one is the one that has changed. The table at 3.2 is where to look.

PEEEWWW

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Your last link didn't work. To make it work you need to remove the space in the word 'dessin' at the end.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Am waiting for the 'that rule doesn't apply to us because.....'

1) I don't interpret it that way
    2) We don't always follow the FIA rules
    3) It's only for Loeb and Hirvonen and their mates
    4) The NZRC part of Rally NZ is run under a different set of rules

Well if that's the case then good, but can it be made clear?
    It's cool if we don't have to run under all the FIA rules for Rally NZ, and if it helps out in a situation like this - but how come we have to run the control tyres then?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not sure what you means Stalks.

Basically the HANs thing is the wording in the regs, the key ones being "strongly recommend".
    The question that Mal has asked is what is a non-priority driver?
    I'm trying to find that in the FIA definitions as that is the only bit of paper to believe.

Am taking my LEGAL helmet to be painted this week, again "not recommended" by the FIA..be allowed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok so where Crunch and I are now umm, having a point of difference is that the table in appendix L talks about WRC non-priority 1 or 2 drivers. If it was only for priority 3 drivers it would state this as it does with regards to other items in FIA regs. NZRC competitors will fall into this category for RNZ is my understanding (also understand that will include Open class which can run under new FIA rules), as we will all be non-priority drivers!
    As Stalks says we run under the same permit etc for RNZ.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good article here about Kuhmo tyres in the Aussie championship. Interesting reading how much they are per tyre, approx $280 cheaper per set than our leading supplier. Soon adds up.
    http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home...=4455&Itemid=2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bruce, what are the regs on the NZRC classic cars running Avgas? I understood that if the car had a COD it could run Av - but at least one car has been told it can not.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    This was raised, not for the first time, with the Commission only a couple of days ago.
    My understanding is that the NZRC Portfolio over rules all other regulation in that regard and any Sched RH Historic car entered in the NZRC Historic Challenge must run with unleaded fuel as is the case with all other NZRC categories.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.