Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    And why runs an ALMS programme from Germany? Are they confirmed for LMS in 2010?
    Why not? Audi, originally, ran their LMP program from Germany, even though they raced their cars in ALMS in the US, and later in the LMS.

Peugeot slated their cars for the LMS but did Sebring, Petit LeMans, and Laguna Seca.

Honda (Acura) has only recently sold one of their ARX-01 to an european team for duty in LMS in the P2 category, and they're built in the US.

So, it's not too hard to fathom...
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    Mosely did foresee the departure of manufacturers coming...
    He predicted the outcome of the FIA Presidential election as well.

It helps being able to influence these kind of things :
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Good riddance. Never come back. I'm amazed they didn't express their full commitment to f1 in their farewell announcement.

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    He predicted the outcome of the FIA Presidential election as well.

It helps being able to influence these kind of things :
    Yup, It does make you wonder,... 'How does he do it?..."
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    Good riddance. Never come back. I'm amazed they didn't express their full commitment to f1 in their farewell announcement.
    Good riddance? your joking

ive enjoyed having Toyota in F1 even though they didn't win much but are in my view one of the best teams to take part in modern F1 and i will miss seeing Toyota in F1
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter

Camry? You mean Avensis?
    Ha, sorry I know it's a global forum but I didn't feel like researching the other names their cars go by, thanks for the correction!
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WSRfan82
    Good riddance? your joking

ive enjoyed having Toyota in F1 even though they didn't win much but are in my view one of the best teams to take part in modern F1 and i will miss seeing Toyota in F1
    I didn't mind them it's just that I'm sick of this PR BS we have to read all the time.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    John Howett's credibilty has be thrown into question now the opposite of what he has been pledging has happened IMO... He even told a reporter they were stupid for suggesting Toyota were pulling the plug, unless of course he has been humiliated and pushed aside by the powers that be..
    Wait. What? John Howett had credibility...when was this?!?
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I think that this proves something which many people felt. The corporate approach fails to deliver in Formula 1. We saw it with Toyota, we saw it with BMW and with Honda as well. Yes, Honda built that wonderful car which won the WDC and the WCC, but it was the small team of Brawn which guided it to success. I think that at the beginning of the season Rubens Barrichello admitted that the atmosphere in Brawn GP makes for the success, as it is different from the atmosphere in Honda. BMW were also more successful with "Williams" than as a manu team. I think that this should show manufacturers that it is better for them to ally themselves with racing teams with racing thinking, like Mercedes did with McLaren and Ross Brawn. And don't point me Ferrari and Renault. We all know that Ferrari is pure racing team and Renault is the old Benetton.
    It really would be better to see the major manufacturers just come into F1 as engine suppliers only. I think that McLaren-Mercedes has largely worked due to Daimler's willingness to be a silent partner in the team, and their initiative to buy into Brawn is fraught with hazard for both parties.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It gives me no pleasure in writing this, however I've warned the forum on many occasions that manufacturers are not the life blood of F1 they could well be it's death knell, and as usual I've been ridiculed and once or twice abused for my views, however I stick to my guns, No manufacturer should be allowed to have a factory team, if they wish to be involved, they should only be allowed to support independent teams.

I expect in the not to distance future to hear that Renault are quitting. I make this observation, Ford, BMW, and Toyota all sighted the reason for leaving F1 as financial, between the three of them they have poured hundreds of millions into F1 for no discernable results, whilst Williams who run on a shoestring are still there and competing, long live the independents.

Regards scaliwag.
    loloaqici82qb4ip?