Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Peter Windsor a sell out or what ?

Team usa

Peter David Windsor (born April 11, 1952 in Reigate, Surrey,England)[1] is a Formula One journalist and reporter. He was brought up inAustralia, but now has residences both in London and Sydney. Windsor started his journalism career at the now defunct monthly magazine, Competition Car. He was the motorsport editor for the British weekly magazine Autocar in the late 1970s until 1985, lauded for his Grand Prix reports.
    In 1985 Windsor became sponsorship manager at Williams. He then worked as general manager at Ferrari, only to return to Williams as team manager in 1991. Windsor has won five awards for his writing, and most of his early television work has taken place with networks of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation. From 1998 to 2000, Windsor was the on-location reporter for FSN's Formula 1 coverage. He then joined Sky Sports as a pit reporter on their F1 Digital + package. He also worked as a pit reporter for the American Broadcasting Company's coverage of the 2002 United States Grand Prix. He also returned to WilliamsF1 as the narrator of the museum in the team's
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    So he's a sell out for not being in the UK or Austalia? My guess is that he's probably looking into tapping the US potential for sponsorship by having a US based team.

Combined with the state of the art carbon fiber in his location, and having US based brake companies.... seems like he's just taking a different route to the same end result.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    What is the point of this thread?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I'm really failing to see the point of this thread. Rich man owns more than one property abroad. And?
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    I'm really failing to see the point of this thread. Rich man owns more than one property abroad. And?
    I think the OP's point is that Windsor is English, lives between England and Australia, yet fronts a team called US GP. I don't see a problem personally.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    It's just a name...the team's based in US and there's no other US-based F1 team so USF1 seems like a logical name. Shame the OP couldn't even get the team name right he's so angry it's not "team USA".....
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Admin
    Yeah, and Italy's 'national' team had a German has it's main driver, an Englishman as it's team boss and a Frenchman as the team principle.

I do hear that USF1 aren't necessarily going to have American drivers either. Plus the cars will actually be put together, if not designed and fabricated, in the UK.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    they will not have any us driver next year

U.S. F1 team will use the Motorland Aragon circuit in northern Spain as their European base when they make their Formula One debut next season

The facility, near the town of Alcaniz, will be the team's European testing, racecar development and logistics headquarters.

"i forgot that you do not have to put up with him before the race"
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Admin
    Does beg the question then since they are based in Spain, have a British team boss and are not employing American drivers, why they did call themselves USF1?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Does beg the question then since they are based in Spain, have a British team boss and are not employing American drivers, why they did call themselves USF1?!
    Because they are looking for Chinese sponsorship money?
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.