Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    It has to be young Jaime, for doing a 'Matt Neal'.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Jaime...
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alguersari of course!!!
    ..speed with no limits..
    fan of Kimi Raikkonen and Mikko Hirvonen:champion:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Grosjean had another stinker of a race but i agree, it has to be Alguersuari, there's nothing more embarassing than driving into another team's pit box.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    At the finish, Kimi was 54 seconds behind Vettel, and GF was about 2 seconds behind Vettel and a lap down. With race laps in the 1:43 range, I'd say Kimi beat Fisi by about 51 seconds. Now factor in Fisi's drive-though penalty (about 10-15 seconds) and you have the true gap; 35-40 seconds.

Actually, I think the most significant stat would be the gap just before the first stop, which was about 20-23 seconds. After that, Kimi had a lonely drive, passing no one, while GF had to make his way by a couple of drivers after he got sent to the tail-end of the field after the drive-through. 20-23 seconds may be quite substantial in your book, but considering that it was probably 7-8 seconds after just 2-3 laps Fisi's pace wasn't that bad.
    Who cares? 51 seconds is about a minute. The fact is Kimi destroyed Fisi in their races together.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Who cares? 51 seconds is about a minute. The fact is Kimi destroyed Fisi in their races together.
    Granted he had practically zero time to familiarize himself with the car but still like you said he was close to a minute behind Raikkonen in the races, compare it with the latest newcomer (Kobayashi) who likely had similar levels of car familiarization and within 2 races, he was scoring points and beating his teammate.

Says it all really.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    You clearly care because you brought it up. And 51 seconds with an extra stop puts your exaggeration into more perspective. I make it my business to know how Fisi's race went--it's your mistake to neglect the factors.

"The fact that Kimi 'destroyed' Fisi" is IN FACT not a fact. It's an opinion. My post, Dex, has the facts.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    My post, Dex, has the facts.
    Bit of a Phyrric victory though, isn't it? Your argument is that Fisi's race wasn't quite as crap as Dex said. Crap, but not total crap.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Bit of a Phyrric victory though, isn't it? Your argument is that Fisi's race wasn't quite as crap as Dex said. Crap, but not total crap.
    I'll agree with that.

If he would've pointed out that Kimi out-qualified him by, IIRC, 1.4 seconds I might have given him a bit of credit.

I teach writing for a living and students must submit opinions with evidence.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alguersuari .. nice pick Franz
    cy bais