Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    Aprillia = Gone!
    Yeah I think this is a real shame, Aprilia have been such a great supporter of the 125 and 250 class for many years it's sad that they won't be on the grid in 2010 in Moto2 (same goes for KTM), not surprising but sad. This was always going to be the problem when the one engine supplier was announced. Interesting to see which way Aspar goes, develop the Aprilia chassis in-house or switch to Moriwaki.

The grid is coming together quickly now (as shown by motociclismo's list posted by Jarman). Alex de Angeles is probably the biggest name not yet confirmed somewhere although he may go to WSBK is Aprilia do expand their team over there as rumoured.

Just a bit of personal insight, I think Moto2 next year is going to be great. Joan has said that the bikes are nice to ride and you can really attack on them so fingers crossed they are going to produce some great racing. Speaking of Joan, seems Promo Racing will now go by the name Jack & Jones Racing with Antonio Banderas, much easier to say.
    Jono Porter 12/05/81 - 09/06/04
    MX's Celeb Crush - Sue Bird :love:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    With Aprilia gone, does that clear the way for MZ to be elevated from the reserve list???????

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    impressive if true..

West: Had chances for victory!

The team MZ Moto2 gained important insights and pilot Anthony West was convinced by the package.

Only in early November 2009 could be started in 2010 to MZ with the implementation of the planned entry into the class Moto2. In order to have a baseline MZ bought the bike used by Team Stiggy of the Supersport World Championship. In order to have a baseline MZ bought the bike used by Team Stiggy of the Supersport World Championship. This bike has been converted for a first outing at the last round of the Spanish Championship in Valencia. This bike has been converted for a first outing at the last round of the Spanish Championship in Valencia.

To clarify the regulatory compliance of the reconstructions, the Spanish Federation has been contacted. To clarify the regulatory compliance of the reconstructions, the Spanish Federation has been contacted. The main changes were to allow one hand, a rocker in the area of the steering angle setting, and many other additional reinforcements to the Hintterradschwinge. The main changes were to allow one hand, a rocker in the area of the steering angle setting, and many other additional reinforcements to the Hintterradschwinge. These are difficult to detect externally. These are difficult to detect externally.

After only two days of testing Anthony West achieved with his MZ Moto2 formal degree training in a time of 1.37.581 minutes. After only two days of testing Anthony West achieved with his MZ Moto2 formal degree training in a time of 1.37.581 minutes. and was thus only 0.1 sec behind Xavier Fores Suter on a Yamaha on rank 2 of Moto2 downloads. And thus was only 0.1 sec behind Xavier Fores Suter on a Yamaha on rank 2 of Moto2 downloads.

Despite consultations with the Spanish Federation to the MZ Racing team was denied the opportunity at the start race Sunday. Despite consultations with the Spanish Federation to the MZ Racing team was denied the opportunity at the start race Sunday. The team, represented by team manager Ralf Waldmann and Managing Director at Martin Wimmer accepted the decision. The team, represented by team manager Ralf Waldmann and Managing Director at Martin Wimmer accepted the decision.

"Despite the extremely short preparation time, it is managed to achieve very good times," said Waldmann. "Despite the extremely short preparation time, it is managed to achieve very good times," said Waldmann. "Our approach to test out with already a tried and tested material, and this will improve gradually grew out of our long racing experience. "Our approach to test out with already a tried and tested material, and this will improve gradually grew out of our long racing experience. Our team in Zschopau has done an outstanding job." So in Zschopau our team has done an excellent job. "

"For us it was" this deployment without Rennteilnahme extremely important, said CEO Martin Wimmer MZ. "For us it was" this deployment without Rennteilnahme extremely important, said CEO Martin Wimmer MZ. "We were able to enter the first results of our patented suspension system and have now go on a base of data to the next design steps. "We were able to enter the first results of our patented suspension system, and have now go on a base of data to the next design steps. Our goals are still a permanent starting spot in the World Cup Moto2 and potential customer teams in World Cup and in national racing series to offer the best possible suspension. "Our goals are still a permanent starting spot in the Moto2 World Cup, as well as offering potential customer teams in the World Cup and national racing series in an optimal gear to be able to. "

Anthony West was impressed: "It was very interesting for me to test for MZ and meet the many adjustments to suspension tuning. Anthony West was impressed: "It was very interesting for me to test for MZ and meet the many adjustments to suspension tuning. It is a pity that I could not attend the race because I would have had winning chances." It is a pity that I could not attend the race because I would have had winning chances. "
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Most impressive - It would be interesting if this project went ahead and Westy was lead rider... and wiped the floor with all-comers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    apologies for the doubled-up version of the press release, i blame google translate!

here's a more readable version:-

The team MZ Moto2 gained important insights and pilot Anthony West was convinced by the package.

Only in early November 2009 could be started in 2010 to MZ with the implementation of the planned entry into the class Moto2. In order to have a baseline MZ bought the bike used by Team Stiggy of the Supersport World Championship. This bike has been converted for a first outing at the last round of the Spanish Championship in Valencia.

To clarify the regulatory compliance of the reconstructions, the Spanish Federation has been contacted. The main changes were to allow one hand, a rocker in the area of the steering angle setting, and many other additional reinforcements to the Hintterradschwinge.

After only two days of testing Anthony West achieved with his MZ Moto2 formal degree training in a time of 1.37.581 minutes. and was thus only 0.1 sec behind Xavier Fores Suter on a Yamaha on rank 2 of Moto2 machines.

Despite consultations with the Spanish Federation to the MZ Racing team was denied the opportunity at the start race Sunday. The team, represented by team manager Ralf Waldmann and Managing Director at Martin Wimmer accepted the decision.

"Despite the extremely short preparation time, it is managed to achieve very good times," said Waldmann. "Our approach to test out with already a tried and tested material, and this will improve gradually grew out of our long racing experience. Our team in Zschopau has done an outstanding job." So in Zschopau our team has done an excellent job. "

"For us it was" this deployment without Rennteilnahme extremely important, said CEO Martin Wimmer MZ. "We were able to enter the first results of our patented suspension system and have now go on a base of data to the next design steps. "Our goals are still a permanent starting spot in the World Cup Moto2 and potential customer teams in World Cup and in national racing series to offer the best possible suspension.

Anthony West was impressed: "It was very interesting for me to test for MZ and meet the many adjustments to suspension tuning. It is a pity that I could not attend the race because I would have had winning chances."

I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks Jackal. We'll believe you!
    Thanks Jackal. We'll believe you.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Call me cynical, but it sounds like a sponsor seeking PR stunt to me. Hopefully the MZ project will be a well-funded competitive outfit and the marque as a whole can make a successful comeback.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ant West Fastest On Day 1 Of Moto2 Test At Valencia

The first large-scale outing for the Moto2 teams started today at Valencia, with 5 teams, 6 bikes and 8 riders out on track. According to the times issued by the teams afterwards, Ant West was the fastest of the Moto2 riders, though this requires the first of a number of sizable pinches of salt. According to GPOne.com, West's MZ-badged Moto2 bike was just a Supersport CBR600 in disguise, and consequently an already sorted package.

From there, it all gets very difficult to judge, as the different bikes have engines in very different states of tune, varying from kitted standard engines to full Supersport, and producing anywhere between 115 and 140 hp depending on the level of tune. The real test will come when Honda starts supplying the standard engines to the teams in March next year.

Julian Simon certainly put in a strong performance, the Aspar team once again running the BQR chassis, and edging closer to deciding to use this chassis as the replacement for the missing Aprilias. The Italtrans bike of Roby Rolfo was also impressive, Rolfo setting some strong times, while Raffaele de Rosa made a strong debut on the Tech 3 Moto2 bike, especially given the very low level of tune the Tech 3 team is running their Honda CBR 600 engine in.

Mike di Meglio struggled with mechanical issues, before finally finding his rhythm on the bike. But the Pons Kalex bike appears to need the most development at the moment, with both Axel Pons and Sergio Gadea close to the bottom of the timesheets.

Testing continues tomorrow.

Unofficial - and difficult to interpret - times, courtesy of Racesport.nl: Pos Rider Bike Time
    1 Anthony West MZ 1'37.4
    2 Julian Simon BQR 1'37.9
    3 Roberto Rolfo Suter-MMX 1'38.4
    4 Raffaele De Rosa Tech3 1'39.2
    5 Mike di Meglio BQR 1'39.3
    6 Axel Pons Kalex 1'40.4
    7 Sergio Gadea Kalex 1'40.4
    8 Alessandro Brannetti CRP 1'40.5

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Agreed, Jackal. Much too much salt in this diet at the moment. Interesting though - I read an interview with Herve Poncheral (spelling - i couldn't be bothered looking up the correct way... ) who advised just the same, given the relatively low level of tune in their engine. Does using the CBR 600 motor mean that the control engine has the same mounting points? Is there any adjustability in the engine position (that would be a frame issue, wouldn't it?)?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    Agreed, Jackal. Much too much salt in this diet at the moment. Interesting though - I read an interview with Herve Poncheral (spelling - i couldn't be bothered looking up the correct way... ) who advised just the same, given the relatively low level of tune in their engine. Does using the CBR 600 motor mean that the control engine has the same mounting points? Is there any adjustability in the engine position (that would be a frame issue, wouldn't it?)?
    ...and what will the power curve be like and the weight distribution and dimensions of the engine. It's almost pointless to start testing now though I assume that the teams have been given some engine specs to work with and are just getting a very rough idea of the direction they intend to head.
    Get off my lawn