Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sebastien Loeb video from Citroėn UK

Hi all!

My name's Ben Bose, and I'm a representative of Citroėn UK. We're trying to take a first few steps in being a little more social online, and are starting off by making contact with some communities who are, hopefully, interested in talking with us.

We've just set up a YouTube page, to showcase some of our favourite videos around the web - involving Citroėn cars, surprisingly enough :-).

The first video we've picked out is of Sebastien Loeb in the WRC. We'd love your comments, and suggestions for cool other videos to post.

I'm not trying to sell anything, and feel free to say "Hi!" to me below, I'll do my best to respond ASAP.

Ben
    Member of Mavens, the social media agency for Citroėn UK.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Fair play for reaching out but I'm not sure that was the best video to showcase. Ken Block did pretty much the same thing and a lot of people weren't overly happy as it doesn't show rallying in it's true form. Might be different for that video as everyone knows that Loeb is 20 times the rally driver Block could ever be but thought I'd warn you

Also my advice would be to try and find videos that aren't that common, Youtube etc. is packed with rallying stuff (most of it carp footage on camera phones) so careful selection can go a wrong way. personally I'd quite like to see older footage of the Grp B type stuff etc. Videos of things within the last 5 years or so are relatively common so a bit of nostalgia is always welcome Just IMO of course
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CitroenUK
    Hi all!

My name's Ben Bose, and I'm a representative of Citroėn UK. We're trying to take a first few steps in being a little more social online, and are starting off by making contact with some communities who are, hopefully, interested in talking with us.

We've just set up a YouTube page, to showcase some of our favourite videos around the web - involving Citroėn cars, surprisingly enough :-).

The first video we've picked out is of Sebastien Loeb in the WRC. We'd love your comments, and suggestions for cool other videos to post.

I'm not trying to sell anything, and feel free to say "Hi!" to me below, I'll do my best to respond ASAP.

Ben
    We want to see rally and not this B*llSH!T!
    :cool: You Can“t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    We want to see rally and not this B*llSH!T!
    I warned you :
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @Mr Jan Yeo: Thank you, I really appreciate the tip! Do you have any examples of some of the older stuff? I'm not, as you can probably guess, an expert in rallying per se, so any more examples on what I should be hunting for would be good. I'd like to improve the channel with some more videos!

@Brother John: Sorry to offend - I did check with the mods before posting, and didn't intend to cause any problems. If you have any examples of good stuff, rally- and Citroen-wise, I'm happy to add it to the channel with a thank you! As I note with Mr. Yeo, I'm learning about the rally side of things; please do PM me if you want.
    Member of Mavens, the social media agency for Citroėn UK.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Fair play for reaching out but I'm not sure that was the best video to showcase. Ken Block did pretty much the same thing and a lot of people weren't overly happy as it doesn't show rallying in it's true form. Might be different for that video as everyone knows that Loeb is 20 times the rally driver Block could ever be but thought I'd warn you

Also my advice would be to try and find videos that aren't that common, Youtube etc. is packed with rallying stuff (most of it carp footage on camera phones) so careful selection can go a wrong way. personally I'd quite like to see older footage of the Grp B type stuff etc. Videos of things within the last 5 years or so are relatively common so a bit of nostalgia is always welcome Just IMO of course
    I agree with this post. This particulair video doesn't really showcase what Citroėn is achieving in rallying, let alone what rallying is actually about. A nostalgia factor would indeed be nice (although in Citroėn's case, the Group B era should be left alone ), but the stunning victories with the F2 Xsara in 1999 is something Citroėn should be proud of. That including their recent success over the years, should make enough footage for a great highlight video.

But it's nice to see that people are making work out of this, because you rarely (if not at all) see the link to rallying in commercials or short videos when promoting their production models (I remember Fiat did a nice one on that with the Punto Abarth).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I this vid is a good one, "rally and Citroen-wise" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwiOo...eature=related

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Hi!

Maybe you could be so kind and tell us here on the forum some hot news about WRC-stuff regarding Citroen and even WRC on its all.

You seem maybe to be involved of some kind?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Hi all!

Ben
    Nothing wrong with posting videos like that. Some people on here need to pull their heads out of their arses and realise that some people like different things.

I think a mix of proper rallying footage and stuff like you posted will be great

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's a fine idea, but as lots of other people have mentioned, that is not "Sebastien Loeb in the WRC" and that isn't rally driving. Anyone with a car and a handbrake can spin around... Seb's real skill is shown when he's flying down twisty gravel roads at 150+ kph.

Onboards are where its at!