Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Old Private Messages

I see that an archive of the forum messages is available, but was curious if there was any way to retrive our old private messages. I have some great conversations archived there with the late Speedbump that I would love to recover. Even if the private messages could be brought up via a separate froum for a couple of days, it would be nice. Had I known the forums updates were going to be done, I would have archived the private emails myself. But there were apparently no announcments in the forums other than the feedback one.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think you can go into the old forums, login and recover
    ---/\==

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    I posted Mark's update announcement in both the IRL & CC forums. Other Mods did the same in some of the other ones.

You did??? I certainly didn't see it. Was it a "sticky" or posted as part of the normal flow of messages. Sorry I missed it. By bad.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Powered by Cosworth
    I think you can go into the old forums, login and recover

Through the archive or some other fashion? I didn't see any way to access the PM section when I logged in through the archive link.

Gary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I posted Mark's update announcement in both the IRL & CC forums. Other Mods did the same in some of the other ones.

Starter, not to be argumentative, but I never saw a thing and I read the CC forum MANY times each day. I just looked in the archives as far back as Nov. 6th, and I didn't see a thing about an impending upgrade. But that's water over the dam. Do you know if the PM section is part of the archive and if so how do I get to it. I really would like to retrive the messages from Paul. They are some of my last rememberances of him.... <sigh>

Gary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just tried to access my private messages folder in the forum archive, but a message appears saying 'you do not have access to this page' - you know, the one that appears if you're not logged in and try to post.

I have a feeling the old forum's disabled posting may be linked to inability to view private messages. They're probably all still there though, just inaccessible.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah Andy, I got the same thing. I was able to ATTEMPT to get to the Private Messages by clicking on "profile" then there was a button available that tryed to take me to PM, but I got the same error you did. No Permission.

Thanks,
    Gary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry to be a dingbat, but how do you get to the old forums?

Edit - Found the link finally! Christmas shopping sure takes it out of me

Do we know if we might eventually be able to access our pm's? I have some messages I'd be sad to lose, too.
    I am a brave, brave WOMAN :D

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

I never saw one announcement
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.