Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Team of the season 2009

Since we have drivers, why not teams too.

I don't think there is any question that the team of 2009 is Brawn. Going from the wilderness to winning both championships is extraordinary. Of course they didn't quite do it from a standing start since the car was in development with Honda funding from early 2008.

So the race is really for second place, and even here I think it's fairly obvious that Red Bull takes the prize.

Honourable mention goes to McLaren for turning an absolute dog of car to a race winner in the second half of the year.

There was a remarkable lack of donkey teams, but it can't be ignored that Toyota once again under performed compared to their funding levels. And of course Renault completely embarrassed F1 as a whole.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Brawn GP are the team of the year, obviously. The story of their team is like a faeria tale or from a gamebook. From zero to hero - even if you include the past of the Honda racing team. For 2nd, for me it is tough to decide between Red Bull and McLaren-Mercedes. Red Bull fought great, but to me showed their true colours when they tried to unsettle Jenson with cheap remarks, at the beginning of the season, with the diffuser gate, and at the end of it, when they put the whole blame for the defeat on Renault. IMO Newey is the sole reason for their success and they are very unlikeable with their boasting. Much unlike Brawn GP who seem humble and pleasant, always thankful to Mercedes and respectful to their rivals. Much inlike McLaren as well - they too wen from zero to hero in a single season and I am very happy for MW, who IMO is much more likeable as team boss than Ron.
    For bad team of the year, Renault wins easily with the crashgate and their slow, uncompetitive car. The strategy of late attack in 2008 proved to be a huge mistake. Hopefully next year will be better. In the anti-list I want to mention also BMW and Ferrari. BMW for their bitterness at the beginning of the season, in the diffuser gate scandal, and for their appaling lack of any results, epic fail of aerodynamics, KERS, everything. Ferrari also deserve a mention. They were even more bitter than BMW and Red Bull in the diffuser gate, produced a dog of a car which is impossible to set up and backstabbed the driver who saved their season in Spa.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Force India deserves a mention for their efforts as well...they've done a good job and have had serious pace from time to time.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    i think honda deserves as much credit as brawn

lets see how well brawn go when they have a lot less money to develop the 2010 car
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Without a doubt Honda/Brawn, just a pity they couldn't keep there original pace throughout the season. Redbull did very well also. Honorable mentions to McLaren and FI who also did a great job.

Donkies: Ferrari, lack of development. Horrible treatment of Kimi. And the stupidity of their qualifying strategy. Renault, crap car, crap attitude, crap people. Toyota, lots of promise at the begining, strategic failures. And last but not least, Honda, for pulling out just before glory.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Without a doubt Honda/Brawn, just a pity they couldn't keep there original pace throughout the season. Redbull did very well also. Honorable mentions to McLaren and FI who also did a great job.

Donkies: Ferrari, lack of development. Horrible treatment of Kimi. And the stupidity of their qualifying strategy. Renault, crap car, crap attitude, crap people. Toyota, lots of promise at the begining, strategic failures. And last but not least, Honda, for pulling out just before glory.
    Brawn the best team followed by RedBull

honorable metion to Forca India - they has some great performces

Donkey would have to be Honda for giving up on BrawnF1 - they could of been world champs if they stuck it our by a year.......egg on face BIGTIME!
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Besides the current Top2... Force India! Unlike Honda (Brawn) and Red Bull they haven't had a big budget, not even a star designer (Gascoyne got sacked last year). Mallya has said that he has given an opportunity to young engineers and look, where has that brought them. There seem to be some really talented people in the team, but we don't know about them yet. Hopefully they can keep it up. In terms of points accumulation they don't look that impressive, but I think there is clearly more potential in the car than it has been reflected in the overall standings.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    No contest really, Brawn didn't exist until the last minute and somehow had a car which worked perfectly with the new rules. Other teams caught up a bit but when you have 2 drivers battling for the WDC you're pretty much a shoe in for team of the season
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Force India.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Brawn, Red Bull, Force India.