Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Todt’s reputation comes from his resolution capacity, and God knows how urgently needed is a decision about the 2011 WRC regulations…

Other main issue to be resolved by the new FIA president is the cohabitation of the two main international rally series, WRC and IRC. Their rivalry is becoming more and more obvious and the sport wont profit from it.

Todt connections on both series – Chandler that has supported the ISC deal is one of Todt’s V.P. and Nicolas, member of Eurosport Events, is a Todt long time friend - could be a decisive aspect to establish a proper balance between WRC and IRC.

If Todt’s capacity to transform F1 is limited, his main job will be the “circus” pacification after Mosley’s troubled years, in world rallying we can only expect from him a truthful reform. Nothing less is acceptable.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I hear one of the first things that he has done is to remove Rally Bulgaria from the 2010 WRC callendar. With Rally Argentina already commited to IRC there are no plans to replace it. Thanks Jean!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dont know much about Todt, but when he was at Peugeot he was a quite fair guy. Hopefully he listen to the rally comissions ideas.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    The team took the constructors and drivers title in '85 and '86.
    1986 title a total farce, thanks to the people who were in maF1A at that time obviously. Let's hope something different starting from now, but I'm pessimist (because in this way I won't get disappointed ^^).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    1986 title a total farce, thanks to the people who were in maF1A at that time obviously. Let's hope something different starting from now, but I'm pessimist (because in this way I won't get disappointed ^^).
    Not surprised this comes from an Italian point of view.

Peugeot's exclusion in San Remo was a farce, they did nothing that breached any homologation rules. But I sort of agree, the FIA was very inconsistent at that time and obviously didn't care much about rallying (not that much has changed since, but let's hope it does now with Todt).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    Not surprised this comes from an Italian point of view.
    Peugeot's exclusion in San Remo was a farce, they did nothing that breached any homologation rules.
    lol it has nothing to do to being italian or not, Alen is finnish btw !
    You seem too young and don't remember (or maybe weren't even born) ? Or you must have weak memories... let me refresh you: even WITHOUT the exclusion Alen had won the championship ! But what did maF1A decide to favour Peugeot ? Let's DELETE the whole rally ! No points for nobody ! ROTFL !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Forgot 1986 incident, have to take back a little when said Todt is fair, according to Markku Lancia and Peugeot did have a gentlemans agreement that the outcome of the Olympus Rally desides the winner, Todt did not keep his word, Alen was quite pissed, he said he took such risks he has never taken before.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    I do remember S. Remo incident: at the end of 2nd leg, italian technical commissaries found Peugeot side protections illegal - considered to provide aerodynamic effect - and decided to exclude the french cars before rally’s end.

Cars were scrutinised before rally and inspected in previous courses, and side protections always considered legal.

At disqualification time, Peugeot’s cars were dominating the Lancia fleet, and Alen was delayed after several punctures…

After S.Remo, Peugeot appealed to FIA’s court and was found innocent. Because Peugeot cars were exclude during the rally, final results were simply invalidated.

Only aspect to censure FIA was the court delay, witch came several weeks after last season rally, making Alen take unnecessary risks at RAC and Olympus.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    lol it has nothing to do to being italian or not, Alen is finnish btw !
    You seem too young and don't remember (or maybe weren't even born) ? Or you must have weak memories... let me refresh you: even WITHOUT the exclusion Alen had won the championship ! But what did maF1A decide to favour Peugeot ? Let's DELETE the whole rally ! No points for nobody ! ROTFL !
    I winked at that remark, you shouldn't take it serious. After the exclusion, Biasion was in the lead, and he and Cerrato let Markku by in the closing stages. And it's quite controversial that the Italian organisation favoured the protest of the Italian Lancia team without a proper reason.

Rally Power's explanation is the extention of what I was trying to say. And me being "too young" has nothing to do with it, I've read and saw lots of material about the subject.

But as I agreed with you, the FIA didn't play a good role in this either.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Jean Todt will do exactly what Bernie tells him.....i;e nothing.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???