Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harsha
    what people have to understand is that "in a thread meant to congratulate Button and his fans,If you try to criticize him and make fun of him,you are obviously gonna get the thread diverted"

in that case,wouldn't it be the wise choice to ban the person who was responsible for leading the entire thread offtopic rather than ban the entire lot who if any i'm sure were reacting to the initial post.....
    Perhaps Harsha. After getting the information from Drifter and others, I realize now it likely wasn't out of line. Just a little disturbing to find 6 people banned and no traces of the mudslinging left...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    This is yet another thread that will probably be locked.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    anyone who keeps posting in this sort of threads deserves a automatic ban for behaving like a two year old...

oops !
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    For the most part, I think Pino has favoured certain members far too much, and allowed them to gang up, troll, be-little and bait one member in particular for daring not to see the world through British-centric F1 eyes.

But since one of those is amongst the banned, I think Pino finally saw his so-called friend for what he actually was....a pathetic little troll.
    Daniel!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harsha
    what people have to understand is that "in a thread meant to congratulate Button and his fans,If you try to criticize him and make fun of him,you are obviously gonna get the thread diverted"

in that case,wouldn't it be the wise choice to ban the person who was responsible for leading the entire thread offtopic rather than ban the entire lot who if any i'm sure were reacting to the initial post.....
    Just thought I'd get in before this thread is locked. harsha, you are totally wrong here. These guys were not banned because they went off topic - they were banned for getting nastier and nastier with each other and what they posted.

A mod does not have to explain anything to anyone - their job is to keep this place clean.

And I would like to take the opportunity once again to suggest that those who don't like the way things are run here, then please send me a PM and I will recommend another F1 discussion forum where they can enjoy themselves. It's a good one, I am one of its oldest members, so I am not being nasty. Just trying to say" If you don't like it here, there are other forums to visit."

P.S. I stand by pino.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mark in Oshawa came in with reasonable requests being as how he, because of his job, was unable to see what went on.
    I feel he has been (hope) satisfied either by PM or on here.
    So let us close this thread ourselves, please.
    Having either Mark or a mod do so is just going to create more problems.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    For the most part, I think Pino has favoured certain members far too much, and allowed them to gang up, troll, be-little and bait one member in particular for daring not to see the world through British-centric F1 eyes.

But since one of those is amongst the banned, I think Pino finally saw his so-called friend for what he actually was....a pathetic little troll.
    I totally disagree with you.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Isn't that what got someone banned in the first place? All is far in love and cheap shots...lol

Since Tam didn't name names, he is on safe ground. I have no stinking idea of to whom he is referring....
    I have to disagree. A cheap shot was leveled squarely at pino, and not only do I think it is unjustified, but I don't find it amusing at all.

I have on several occasions overstepped the mark. In most cases, the mods have been very patient with me when I get angry at a certain poster and have warned me via PM. Just because the mods do not post warnings on the forum for all to see doesn't mean they tolerate attacks on other posters. And I still have the warnings sent to me to prove it. Fortunately for me, I took the warnings in good faith and stopped getting mad at this guy.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I have to disagree. A cheap shot was leveled squarely at pino, and not only do I think it is unjustified, but I don't find it amusing at all.

I have on several occasions overstepped the mark. In most cases, the mods have been very patient with me when I get angry at a certain poster and have warned me via PM. Just because the mods do not post warnings on the forum for all to see doesn't mean they tolerate attacks on other posters. And I still have the warnings sent to me to prove it. Fortunately for me, I took the warnings in good faith and stopped getting mad at this guy.
    VB...I have had the odd warning, and didn't heed one and had a time out. Starter was within his rights to do it and I agreed afterwards that I had been in the wrong. I don't need the Mod to post a public warning or anything like that. I appreciate the PM to the poster in question who is straying, but as I stated elsewhere, some tag saying the Mod's have deleted questionable posts and an explaination of sorts maybe is more educational. I started opening up this can of worms when I came home and read the thread and couldn't figure out how it went off the rails. I don't know how many posts were removed, but I suspect it was a ton of of them. Maybe like reading a book with the last 20 pages missing...lol

Anyhow...It is the last I will say on the subject. I know now, you guys in the F1 forum play for keeps apparently...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The original thread was about Button, and if anybody thinks he's unworthy of his championship then fair enough if they want to express that in a mature and sensible way. It's not an anti-British sentiment as some have made out, and to drag nationality into it seriously derails the argument.

The big problem was one particular member who repeatedly replied to congratulatory posts basically just disagreeing without ever adding any reasoning. Once he'd made his point three or four times his behaviour simply became disruptive - the very definition of a troll.

When he was called out on his behaviour he started his usual trick of playing the victim and whining that the forum was ganging up on him. From there on in the thread became an unreadable mess.

I myself had to hold back, I really wanted to tell this joker what a disruptive idiot he was being; but in the end I acted on sensible advice from Daniel and simply put the poster on my ignore list. From there on in my forum experience got a whole lot better. Sadly some others carried on arguing and, in my opinion, lowered themself to his level.

Sadly I fear that after Abu Dhabi this person will return even more determined to troll the forums starting pointless fights. Like a wasp at a picnic, if we all remember that he's harmless and ignore him, maybe he'll get bored and go away.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u