Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Macs are find. Windows machines are fine. They all do stuff, which is what you want them for.

Linux is fine even.. oh wait, no it's not..
    You like what you like for why you like it (perfect sense). I've used Macs and Macbooks and didn't get on with them (probably mainly due to learning computers with a PC) but I have nothing against Apple, in fact my iPod is probably the first thing I would grab if my house was on fire. All these arguments between the two platforms are for tossers IMO
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harsha
    the macbook air is about 90k rupees in India...you can get a better spec laptop in India for half the price(compaq,hp etc etc) but i still want the MacBook Air
    Yup - the Air is gorgeous, but overpriced. For a little more you can get a Macbook Pro, which while it's a heavier machine, it is also more powerful and upgradeable.
    Naturally! It\'s much too dangerous to jump through the fire with your clothes on! - Christoper Lee, \"The Wicker Man\", 1973.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Given the topic, I thought this was kinda funny...

[youtube]Id_kGL3M5Cg[/youtube]
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    As I said above, the prices in the US are much lower especially when you take into consideration that AUD$1 = around 92 cents US.

For the Australians, check out these prices here: http://store.apple.com/us

We are being robbed in Australia.

By the way, my 6 years old Dell PC, although pronounced "dead" by DELL support and Cyberscrub AV, is still functioning perfectly, so its demise is very much exaggerated.
    Well what the hell do you expect - a bunch of criminals living half way round the world plus the training for you "Roo's" is very difficult
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I think the best Apple for my use would be their notebook. $900 (student discount) and free shipping. Not too bad, but I'm a broke college kid. I could get a brand new PC for about $600 with a lot more kit.
    I had a PC and now a Mac, and the Mac is so so so much better, never freezes, no viruses, no dealing with McA. and it runs alot smoother than a PC
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    Well what the hell do you expect - a bunch of criminals living half way round the world plus the training for you "Roo's" is very difficult
    There's a big difference between convicts and criminals. Just watch The Wire and you'll understand.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I would get a Mac, but I can put up with the odd glitch for a computer that is half the price of a Mac.

Don't need much to surf the net...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".